• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Photobucket Resuming Free Photo Hosting and Sharing??

marshall1987

Disregard if already discussed.

Has Photobucket resumed their free photo hosting and sharing service that was locked down a couple of years ago? I ask because many of my previous photos posted to the LPF have returned after being held hostage by Photobucket. I have not paid Photobucket a dime for the photo sharing service.

J T

Bah. Screw them.

If they did, it was probably because so many "members" dropped them during that ransomware demand.

Never going back to those doopus heads. Maybe they should get someone to work there who actually knows how to run a business.

garywright

i just searched an older thread where i posted a pic using them and see that the pic is back up ..weird

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
In my humble opinion, everyone should have their own shared server account, with shell access... There are a bunch of companies who offer these, for pennies a year... Then you could upload whatever you want, and the links will always be good, as long as the account is paid... I'm just sayin'... :peace2

renderit

Yes, the number one leading cause of the 'day the forums died' decided to 'restore the stored content'. They still screwed up because many of us went in and removed all of our stuff so they could not use it at their whim (or try to hit us for storage charges in the future).

I wonder what caused them to do this? I suspect a few things though (and if correct I hope they get it good). I will never be trust anything they say or do again.

I would also hope their whole board of directors and principles is known. I would not wish to be invested in a company with those decision makers at the helm...

Xpensive Wino

In my humble opinion, everyone should have their own shared server account, with shell access... There are a bunch of companies who offer these, for pennies a year... Then you could upload whatever you want, and the links will always be good, as long as the account is paid... I'm just sayin'... :peace2

:salude

mdubya

The only reason I go to pb is to retrieve old photos and upload them to imgur.

I have two accounts. One I haven't been able to log in to for years after an "upgrade" made it impossible to recover.

I can't say I would ever upload content to pb again. It is content for them to use for traffic and ad revenues, btw.

Vince Q

PB can kiss my silky heinie, I'm not paying them. They screw with you by constantly redirecting you, and uploading your pictures so slowly that you could put them in and envelope and mail them to somebody faster than you could email. It's still free and I'll use them for my purposes just so they know they can't bully me into paying!!!

Free is free.

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
PB can kiss my silky heinie, I'm not paying them. They screw with you by constantly redirecting you, and uploading your pictures so slowly that you could put them in and envelope and mail them to somebody faster than you could email. It's still free and I'll use them for my purposes just so they know they can't bully me into paying!!!

Free is free.

Amen! PB had gotten so slow and bogged down with ads that loading pics was frustrating. Then they wanted to charge me? No way! I post pics on Facebook, then copy and paste them here.