• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NAD - Dr. Z 30th Anniversary Mazerati LE

Drzguy

I just picked this up last week-end at Doc's 2018 Z-Fest. It's a LE run of 30 amps to celebrate his 30 years in the amp building business. I have the original Mazerati #001 that Doc used to help voice the amp. Great tone in this amp!

Here's a demo of the amp:

Here are the specs:

• Power Output: Approximately 35 Watts
  • Output Tubes: 4 – EL-84
  • Tubes:1-5751, 1-12ax7
  • Rectifier: 1 – 5AR4
  • Controls: Volume, Tone. What more do you need?

Pellman73

I just picked this up last week-end at Doc's 2018 Z-Fest. It's a LE run of 30 amps to celebrate his 30 years in the amp building business. I have the original Mazerati #001 that Doc used to help voice the amp. Great tone in this amp!

Here's a demo of the amp:

Here are the specs:

• Power Output: Approximately 35 Watts
  • Output Tubes: 4 – EL-84
  • Tubes:1-5751, 1-12ax7
  • Rectifier: 1 – 5AR4
  • Controls: Volume, Tone. What more do you need?

very cool amp

congrats

would you say these are like Fender amps but maybe a little meatier?

i had a MAZ18 but I think I didn't really know what I was doing when I had one.

Drzguy

very cool amp

congrats

would you say these are like Fender amps but maybe a little meatier?

i had a MAZ18 but I think I didn't really know what I was doing when I had one.

It is more in the Vox camp than the Fender camp to my ears. It was designed originally with Brad Paisley to replace his Vox AC30 so it's a British-voiced amp more than Fender American sounding. Here's a good write-up on the original Mazerati which this was based on.

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/gp032004.pdf

Drzguy

They sound great! The original Mazerati's almost never come up for sale. I lucked into finding #001 - it's never leaving my man cave :dude: