• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fury Concord

montesada

Some of you know about the genius of Glenn McDougall, a Canadian guitar builder from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. He started production in 1962 and produced about 10,000 electric guitars until his death in 2017. He held many patents and was an incredible innovator. At one point, Leo Fender wanted Glenn to work for him, but Glenn preferred doing things his way. Everything on a Fury guitar except the tuners and pots/jack/switch is handmade by Glenn, even the case.

This is believed to be about 1968. It is the top model, called Concord. This one is a one-piece, milled-out chunk of Honduras Mahogany with a Birdseye Maple back and Brazilian Rosewood fretboard, bridge, tailpiece and headstock face. I've owned 4 Furys and this one is the finest quality instrument I've had the pleasure to play. Almost all the other Concords I've ever seen were Maple bodies.

This guitar has what I believe to be the world's first "stacked humbuckers"...

2e57fo8.jpg

kc11c0.jpg

99kkza.jpg

14e2uc0.jpg

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
Very cool looking, but what's with the huge tumor on the back? Not gonna be very comfortable to play?

renderit

Interesting. But I am not seeing the fur. Don't look fury to me?