• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Classic Rock Fatigue

Brent13

Glad I'm old enough to remember early FM rock formats . . .

Me too. I was lucky enough to grow up in the SF Bay Area in the 60s-70s. Witnessed the birth of "free form" FM radio, Tom Donahue at KMPX and later KSAN. I have little interest in modern "classic rock" radio.

You need to write this down and put it away in a safe place; And in another 20-30 years, take it out and reread it. :ganz

Haha I don't think my thoughts will have changed by then. I love a lot of these songs that have been listened to just never want to hear them again.

Black58

Haha I don't think my thoughts will have changed by then. I love a lot of these songs that have been listened to just never want to hear them again.

Ah, I think I understand. You still love a tune, even though you're sick of it?

Ah, I think I understand. You still love a tune, even though you're sick of it?

Pretty much yeah. And I'll listen to them again. I'm not ever to the point of never wanting to hear a song I like ever again, even if I've heard it a lot. If I liked it before, I'll want to hear it again, even if I've heard it a lot. And then it will fade out of my playlist and come back again later.

cincyguitar

I never forget the day..there were 2 different classic rock stations...playing the same Boston song...at the same time!!...like 2:15 in the afternoon....out of a hundred Boston songs...they play the same one....had enough of the Fm stations...:bigal

Texas Blues

Bon.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UKwVvSleM6w" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Is it me?

I'd swear that Angus is doing Koss.

And the band is doing Free.

With even more balls.

But what do I know anyhow?

I'm a musician.

Supronaut

26 and out in LA.

The only classic rock station is 95.5 KLOS. They have like a 20 song rotation. If that. It’s really disappointing, and I’m definitely fatigued by it.

We used to have 100.3 The Sound but they went defunct earlier this year. They weren’t much better, but at least when they were live you could switch between the two stations when one was on commercials.

The only relief is that we have Jonesy’s Jukebox, with Steve Jones of The Sex Pistols. As far as I can tell he actually has some say as to what plays. There’s more variety in his 1hr of programming than all day.

I wish we still had disk jockeys who actually spun LP’s. There’s so many deeper cuts that are so good that will never get played.