• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New song, acoustic blues on my 1964 J45 (It's Killin' Me)

rockabilly69

This is a song I wrote to answer a question my son asked me which was... "Hey dad, did you ever feel like you made a mistake quitting your job to be a fulltime musician". Well when I first started out, I took every gig that came my way just to pay the bills, and man did I play in some dives!!! Fortunately I worked my way out of those types of gigs and got some pretty sweet ones:) But I remember standing on those stages and saying... How in the h*ll did I wind up here!

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/its-killin-me

And for those of you guys that have problems with my sometimes unintelligible dirty voice, but do want to know what I'm singing...

It's Killin' Me / Weldon 2018

I'm holed up in a flea bag, two-bit motel
two-gigs in a dive bar, just to pay my way home
my old car is broken, on the side of the road
I need the money, for a bus ticket home

I stare out at the bar-room, from the ram shackle stage
two drunks in the corner, starin' right back at me
I sing like they'll listen, but I know they won't
I sing like I mean it, but I know that I don't

how many more times, will it take me to see
that it's killin' my heart, it's killin' my dream
it's killin' me, it's killin' me

my mind it wonders, away from the song
my fingers they fumble, and I miss some chords
I look at the clock on, the side of the stage
and time it's a draggin', with each chord I play

it's killin' me

it's killin' me, it's killin' me

Last edited:

Pat Boyack

And for those of you guys that have problems with my sometimes unintelligible dirty voice, but do want to know what I'm singing...

I LOVE this!! Your voice is killer. I wish mine sounded as soulful as yours. You emote well too. Lyrics hit close to home for me.

Great job, RockaBilly!! :dude::yah:dude:

rockabilly69

I LOVE this!! Your voice is killer. I wish mine sounded as soulful as yours. You emote well too. Lyrics hit close to home for me.

Great job, RockaBilly!! :dude::yah:dude:
Thanks Pat! I think your voice is just fine!

gakees

I remember you used to post some of your music on the acoustic forum that used to be part of the LP Forum, I can't remember the name of it but that doesn't surprise me! I know this.......your music is real and I enjoy listening to you sing and play.

rockabilly69

I remember you used to post some of your music on the acoustic forum that used to be part of the LP Forum, I can't remember the name of it but that doesn't surprise me! I know this.......your music is real and I enjoy listening to you sing and play.
Thanks my man, I wonder why the old acoustic forum didn't get more interest! Well at least we still have this forum :)

BoyBastos

Are you sure this wasn’t a bootleg sessions from “exile on main st”? Or a rare b side from the eagles? He he i really enjoyed your song👊🏽🤘🏽

rockabilly69

Are you sure this wasn’t a bootleg sessions from “exile on main st”? Or a rare b side from the eagles? He he i really enjoyed your song👊🏽🤘🏽
Well I wore the grooves off of my Exile On Main Street record so maybe I got it by Osmosis:)

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member

Heh -- I was thinking more "Beggars Banquet"-era acoustic blues Stones. Sound great! :dude::dude::dude::dude: