• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Do you tchula?

renderit

Sounds great! But if I may, why do they use 3 Monkeys or Redplate amps (which I am SURE are GREAT) instead of something for which I have a frame of reference? Like your bog standard pre/post Fender Deluxe Reverb or Tweed Deluxe or something more frightfully common? I never understood this on demos. But I don't understand A LOT so there's that...

Discuss and call me names below:

Xpensive Wino

Sounds great! But if I may, why do they use 3 Monkeys or Redplate amps (which I am SURE are GREAT) instead of something for which I have a frame of reference? Like your bog standard pre/post Fender Deluxe Reverb or Tweed Deluxe or something more frightfully common? I never understood this on demos. But I don't understand A LOT so there's that...

Discuss and call me names below:

They don't care about you, Ren.

They never have.

:spabout

JeffBlue

I would love to Tchula...........alas, I don't own THAT pedal. I DO utilize the Tchula mode on my Lovepedal Les Lius and having had discussions on other forums.........these are not the same. If you are looking for a pedal that gives you 3 modes of tweed tone, the Les Lius does an exquisite job. The 3 modes are 1. Tweed Deluxe 2. Tweed Twin and 3. A combination of the two Tchula. (I believe the name Tchula is a town in Mississippi)

Xpensive Wino

I would love to Tchula...........alas, I don't own THAT pedal. I DO utilize the Tchula mode on my Lovepedal Les Lius and having had discussions on other forums.........these are not the same. If you are looking for a pedal that gives you 3 modes of tweed tone, the Les Lius does an exquisite job. The 3 modes are 1. Tweed Deluxe 2. Tweed Twin and 3. A combination of the two Tchula. (I believe the name Tchula is a town in Mississippi)

I , too have a Les Lius, and you are correct. The tchula mode on the LL is not like the stand-alone tchula.

For those unfamiliar with the Les Lius, it nails the tweed tone:

The stand-alone tchula is a modified COT (Church of Tone) circuit with a preset amount of drive/gain and a second, stackable gain stage with a bias control. To muddy the Mississippi waters further, Sean makes different batches (by colour) that all sound unique.

I have a red tchula, which is not the same as a gold or cream tchula.