• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

CTS Pots continuity.

Dreadnaught

Recently replacing a harness in my R9 with no’s pots and caps. After instillation, I played the guitar and it didn’t sound right. The treble was way too trebly, and the middle and rythmn were too warm. I started poking around with the multimeter for continuity and found several anomalies. Not sure if it’s the pots or caps. To make a long story short. How do I read if a pot is still good? I touch the middle arm and then the back of the pot, I get a beep on one, but not the other. Same for different pot arms and touching the back of the pot. Do I have a series of defective tone pots? I don’t have a uf reader for measuring caps. Not sure how pots would go bad. All the soldering was on the volume pots and they seem to be working. Idk thanks

GeraintGuitar

need more info to maybe help . 1. did you buy a prewired harness ? 2. is it 50s wiring ? . as for testing the pots all you've done is tested if the middle lug is grounded