• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Best replacement for trapeze on a 53 Les Paul Standard?

NikT

I just was lucky to get hold on an early ´53 Goldtop! Now the big question! There is 3 alternatives (keeping the trapez)
MojoAxe, Solution or Glaser? I know that this has been discussed again and again..I dont have the time searching so I really hope that some of you will be kind of sharing your experience with me. Thanks Nik

MapleFlame

I just was lucky to get hold on an early ´53 Goldtop! Now the big question! There is 3 alternatives (keeping the trapez)
MojoAxe, Solution or Glaser? I know that this has been discussed again and again..I dont have the time searching so I really hope that some of you will be kind of sharing your experience with me. Thanks Nik

They all are great solutions. Here's something that is not discussed, in some cases, with the treble pickup, it can be in the way due to moving bar for intonation up on right side. I had to grind down the right front to get spot on. Again it may only be an issue one out of 10 or more. Intonate your original bar to get an idea. The Mojo has a better design on the top for the individual strings to get intonated.

JIMI55LP

Keep the trapeze and buy a MojoAxe and you'll feel good. The conversion bridge is the best method without making alteration scars in the guitar that can't be reversed.

Patek

I have a MojoAxe for a 52/53 trapeze for sale in the uk from a 52 I didn’t go ahead with in the end. Let me know if interested and I can post it

NikT

I have a MojoAxe for a 52/53 trapeze for sale in the uk from a 52 I didn’t go ahead with in the end. Let me know if interested and I can post it

Hello. Sorry for the very late reply. Thanks for your offer with the MojoAxe. In the mean time I bought a Bridge from Joe Glaser in Nashville. But the big problem is me neck angle. With the Glaser Bridge its just 2 or 3 milimeters too high in string action. My 53 has almost no angle. So thye big question is :Does it work with the Mojo Axe?? Please se my pictures with the Glaser bridge ( very low construction but still way too high string action. Are you familier with theese issues?
Thanks, Nikolaj

Attachments

• IMG_5458.jpg
    IMG_5458.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5459.jpg
    IMG_5459.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 42

Patek

Hello. Sorry for the very late reply. Thanks for your offer with the MojoAxe. In the mean time I bought a Bridge from Joe Glaser in Nashville. But the big problem is me neck angle. With the Glaser Bridge its just 2 or 3 milimeters too high in string action. My 53 has almost no angle. So thye big question is :Does it work with the Mojo Axe?? Please se my pictures with the Glaser bridge ( very low construction but still way too high string action. Are you familier with theese issues?
Thanks, Nikolaj

Unfortunately someone else bought the 52 within 1 day of my post and requested the MojoAxe so I didn’t have to pay for it in the end. Personally I have no experience of this but I’m sure others will chime in

sounds like if a retrofit solution doesn’t work and you’re not much of a slide player, a 52-54 or 52-56 conversion I.e. a neck reset would solve it. Bavarian makeover do a beautiful job of this. For me personally there is no point owning it if it can’t be played regardless of originality.

dwagar

Can you find out if there is a height difference between the Glaser and the Mojoaxe?

I have a Mojoaxe on my '53. While it is nearly bottomed out, it does work just fine.

Or perhaps take yours to a machine shop and have the right amount removed.