• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

HELP with some bridge problem in my Gibson LPJ!

skrok

Hi friends!

I'm having a problem with my Gibson LPJ and i wanna know if you can help me.

So, i've got one saddler screw head off...the screw head just broke. Has anyone had the same problem? Does anyone know how to get this screw out without the head?

If i need to buy a new bridge, does anyone knows specifically what bridge is that (i know it is a TOM Nashville type, but it seems that it has different types with different measures)?

Thank to all!

Last edited:

kevinkjs

Hello. First off, I'm sorry nobody gave you a quicker reply. You don't necessarily need a whole new
bridge set up. Replacement saddles and screws are readily available for most Nashville, ABR, etc.
etc. bridges. Without knowing the year, bridge type etc., I can't give you any detailed info. I work
and upgrade a lot of guitars for friends, family, etc. and have been installing Graph tech saddles
and nuts as an upgrade to their guitars. The choices available to you are all dependent on how high
quality you desire. If you have a local music store, they may have a spare part to get you back in
business, just know that you don't have to scrub the whole bridge set up over one lousy saddle.
Good luck and cheers.

Mudman

You might be able to use a screw extractor, but those are tiny. A nashville bridge should work fine as far as I know. You can contact Gibson or reach out to your nearest dealer for clarification.

Zentar

Are you sure it is a LP Junior? My LPJ does not use TOM Nashville. Mine uses non adjustable wraparound.

Sounds like the screw was Zinc alloy. They break easy.
Maybe you have a LP Special or an Oriental copy? Pardon if I'm wrong.