• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2017 VOS 1957 Goldtop

Cowboytim

Anyone try one of these 2017 VOS 57 Goldtops? How do folks like Alnico III Custom Buckers?

tripletime

Les Paul Froum Member
the custom bucker sound great - I like them much better than the burst buckers

the 2017 goldtop is a safe purchase as long get one that is not real heavy

some finger boards Gibson has used are a very light color and have streaks

I don't know about you - but I favor darker solid color boards so you might consider that too

then of course is the neck size which was somewhat large but with all the yearly changes you might want to double check

Cowboytim

Thanks.....I found one played it acoustically....neck seemed not as large as expected. I'm Going to hold off.....kinda lost my case of gas.

the custom bucker sound great - I like them much better than the burst buckers

the 2017 goldtop is a safe purchase as long get one that is not real heavy

some finger boards Gibson has used are a very light color and have streaks

I don't know about you - but I favor darker solid color boards so you might consider that too

then of course is the neck size which was somewhat large but with all the yearly changes you might want to double check

rockabilly69

Like with any guitar, if it doesn't speak too you, walk! That said. I have a 2014 R7 and it is my number one electric guitar, and I have quite a few nice guitars.

2014 R7
KwgZNql.jpg

And it's 2019 R4 partner in crime...

RvUstUQ.jpg

Last edited: