• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

'02 C.S. '67 Flying V w/ Vibrola Reissue ?

talpa

Legit SN type/placement, or just a doctored USA ? Can't remember if some CS cases have white lining. No candy/certificate. - thx

5xNcIwT.jpg

CzkUgzM.jpg

Kris Ford

I think it's legit..headstock shape and neck joint is different from my '90.

Seems to be a USA case though.

talpa

Guitar is located in US N.E. - can't tell if this 'ohsc' has the right curve "on the bottom" - seller is only giving partial visual clues here - not necessarily giving me confidence. if this is the CS case yet white interior - something's not right. Unless someone here can confirm CS V cases could come w/ white linings in '02

ZUPXORXm.jpg

Thx guys -

garywright

this may be blasphemy to some ..but I prefer the look of '67s over any other year ..pickguard, vibrola, reflectors, etc makes for one cool spacey looking guitar

Kris Ford

this may be blasphemy to some ..but I prefer the look of '67s over any other year ..pickguard, vibrola, reflectors, etc makes for one cool spacey looking guitar

You aren't alone Gary, I do too.

Though I wouldn't kick a Korina out of bed either!

The Shifter

I feel like the '67 V just looks more "rock" to my eyes. Same goes for a big headstock on a Strat.

veeman

I love the 67 style, but on the other hand, I prefer the 70's V's, which is almost a 67, yet not. Different way of build. The ONLY thing I didn't like about the 70's V's, is the narrow 1 9/16" nut. My #1 Downing V has that narrow nut, but the big thick neck makes up for it. Now with these new 2015 Jap 70's RI's, I get the best of both worlds. The thick neck, wider 1 11/16" nut, and very near 70's style construction. My Cherry V is above and beyond the best V's I've ever had.
https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/se...8/media/53494329997/medium/1510416269/enhance
I have since removed the covers, replaced the bridges with Fabers, and switched the volume pots to 500K audio's. Just killer guitars.

Kris Ford

I love the 67 style, but on the other hand, I prefer the 70's V's, which is almost a 67, yet not. Different way of build. The ONLY thing I didn't like about the 70's V's, is the narrow 1 9/16" nut. My #1 Downing V has that narrow nut, but the big thick neck makes up for it. Now with these new 2015 Jap 70's RI's, I get the best of both worlds. The thick neck, wider 1 11/16" nut, and very near 70's style construction. My Cherry V is above and beyond the best V's I've ever had.
https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/se...8/media/53494329997/medium/1510416269/enhance
I have since removed the covers, replaced the bridges with Fabers, and switched the volume pots to 500K audio's. Just killer guitars.

They are..I remember looking at those..just wonder why TRC is smaller on them?

veeman

They are..I remember looking at those..just wonder why TRC is smaller on them?

I would suspect to help curb fraud. I didn't even notice the smaller TRC on the Cherry, the Black has the normal size TRC, and it is stock, I took it off to check, no extra hole underneath. Maybe a one-off that slipped through the cracks? I dunno, but I'm keeping it. And when I'm playing, the size of the TRC is the least of my worries, lol.

talpa

How much sustain/feel is lost/gained? with the Vibrola ?

Love M.S. - but just gotta have a whammy'd V - they are futuristic..can only imagine what in '58 McCarty & consultants were thinking...setting aside Cadillacs, Marilyn, Jayne etc...:)

guess those were the mktg. points, literally - lol.