• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2016 Classic Gold Top? (first post)

hlavicky

I picked up a 2016 (stamped on back of headstock) Les Paul Gold Top on Reverb. It has covered pickups. Pulled one. Gibson USA stamped. Sticker says 490T 860-17011-L 02/23/17. I can't find reference to a classic made in 2016 on Gibson's website and the ones I see for 2015 have the Les Paul 100 signature on them. Does anyone have any insight on this one?

https://reverb.com/item/5759379-gibson-les-paul-classic-gold-top

LeMonguer

Gibson hardware, usually means Gibson, check the wiring as well if your really paranoid.

Not real sure if they have ever not had a Gold Top as long as they where making proper Les Pauls, not the SG's called Les Pauls etc.

Generally the LP100's had mini humbuckers or them goofy p100's

But to be honest I am not real up on modern Gibsons, since i sort of checked out of guitars in 07 until last year... and i haven't looked at a new gibson seriously since probably 1998. (Well and last year as I looked into getting my own custom custom made...)