• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Do you believe in ghosts?

DOSE!

Yes
I was about 10 yrs old so it was around 1972. I woke in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I step out into the hall and an orb of light about 12" in diameter floated across the hall. I just froze with fear. It was a one time event but, I remember it to this day.

jrgtr42

Interesting question.
I do like watching the ghost hunting shows on TV - but do I believe?
Hard to say. I don't necessarily believe that the spirit, or soul or essence of Great Aunt Myrtle is stopping by to check on her family, but there is something going on that we can't explain.
99% of "experiences" can probably be explained away by natural means, be it birds or animals, lights from outside (or audio/visual hallucinations if in a perfectly dark room) Electric fields etc. However, there are that 1% that defy all explanation.
I can say that I have heard and seen things. I don't know they were "ghosts" but I can't tell what it was.
I have a video I was taking of my son, and a ball of light came into the frame, stopped for a second, then moved off at 90 degrees to it's original direction. I don't know that was an "orb" and not dust, or a weird reflection of light, but it's strange.
Another time, my girlfriend at the time (now wife) were in bed, alone in the apartment, and we heard footsteps from the other side of the wall, and the shaking of the glasses in the dining room hutch. If it was someone walking upstairs, we would have heard the steps, but not the glasses. However, he wasn't home (it was a double decker house, 2 apartments) Still can't explain what it was, but there was no one moving in the house.

Texas Blues

Ghosts?

Negative.

Never seen 'em.

Visions of dead people?

Damn right I have.

My first wife.

I loved her like she was Cleopatra.

Queen of the Nile.

But she really wasn't.

She was a blood sucking vampire chupacabra!

And she also had a bad side.

DoubleBoogie

This is a true story..... We had a female Eskimo Spitz dog named Cotton that lived for 16 years before passing away. About 1 1/2 years later, I'm sleeping alone in the master bedroom while my wife is upstairs with our 18 month old son who is sick with an ear ache. I roll over at 2 o'clock in the morning and my arm brushes up against what I thought at the time was cat fur. I freaked out totally and jumped out of the bed and turned on the lights. I looked all over the bedroom and master bath convinced that somehow a cat was in our house. I found nothing and finally came to the conclusion that despite how real it seemed, I must have imagined it and went back to bed. The next morning while getting ready for a shower, my wife came down and I relayed the story to her. She gave me a strange look. She told me that in the middle of the night, she heard what appeared to be the unmistakably characteristic soft bark of our dog Cotton trying to get us up in her own unique way. She looked at the foot of the bed and swore she saw her head over the foot of the bed. She was terrified and got up and turned the lights on but saw nothing. Like me, she figured it was a dream and went back to bed. While we are both staring at each other in amazement of us having such similar dreams and me realizing that Cotton's fur was very much "cat like", our son walked into the bathroom and blurted out.... "Cotton came to see us last night"!! We looked at each other with one of those simultaneous WTF looks. After telling him that he was mistaken and that Cotton had been gone for over a year, he told us that he could prove it to us. We then walked into our foyer and there sitting on a navy blue rug was the unmistakable white tuft of fur that Cotton used to shed from time to time. It was sitting on a rug that had been vacuumed weekly for over a year in a house with no other animals capable of producing that fur. Our house had been cleaned thoroughly every week for about 18 months since Cotton had passed away. The hair still stands up on the back of my neck thinking about this episode. Cotton never "visited" me again, but showed up to visit my wife three more times in a similar fashion before my wife finally leaned back in bed and cried and said "Cotton you can't keep doing this, you are scaring me!" After that, there was never another episode.

Wizard1183

Nope. A few friend swalear by them. I went with themvto their places of sight and some famous in town? Nothing I won’t say there’s no possibility? But I’m skeptic. I see one? I’m going towards it. We going to find out why they’re still here

S. Cane

I’ll up this thread, we have some new members and some of them might have some experiences to share :biggrin:

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

I have to say yes, just from a few experiences I've had.

One was about 10 years ago, it was around 5am in the morning and it's a little hard to describe. Some of you may have had this type of experience before, I was asleep but I was aware of what was happening in my bedroom; almost as if I was dreaming about being outside of my own body. Anyway I was lying in bed and I felt the end of the bed go down - what would happen if someone were to sit on it. I looked down towards the end of the bed and could make out that it was my Nan sat facing away from me. She stayed there until I turned away, when I looked again she was gone. Shortly after that I woke up to a cold air being blown on my cheek.

I got up, assumed it was a dream and carried on my morning. I live in New Zealand and my parents called me from the UK a short time after to tell me that my Nan had passed away that morning, whatever it may be I like to think it was my Nan saying a last goodbye to me before she moved on.

P.Walker

Mini Forklift Ⓥ;2813556 said:
I have to say yes, just from a few experiences I've had.

One was about 10 years ago, it was around 5am in the morning and it's a little hard to describe. Some of you may have had this type of experience before, I was asleep but I was aware of what was happening in my bedroom; almost as if I was dreaming about being outside of my own body. Anyway I was lying in bed and I felt the end of the bed go down - what would happen if someone were to sit on it. I looked down towards the end of the bed and could make out that it was my Nan sat facing away from me. She stayed there until I turned away, when I looked again she was gone. Shortly after that I woke up to a cold air being blown on my cheek.

I got up, assumed it was a dream and carried on my morning. I live in New Zealand and my parents called me from the UK a short time after to tell me that my Nan had passed away that morning, whatever it may be I like to think it was my Nan saying a last goodbye to me before she moved on.

Maybe sleep paralysis.

People are right that the universe has much to be explored and scienced, but we know just about enough to say ghosts do not exist :p

fakejake

Hows about the holy ghost?

Dawkings said it best :jim
probably_no_god_bus.jpg

c_wester

No, I don't believe in Ghosts, Ghouls, Zombies, Magic Fairies, HalfGods, Whole Gods, Unicorns or any of the other rubbish 6000 named Party Gods.

Extraordinary claims demands extraordinary evidence.

But I do believe that some of the people claiming to have seen say a ghost or god, really had that experience.
As a mind is a powerful machine and it can make an error(hallucinations).

There is a bigger chance that you made a mistake rather than the rules of nature changed just for you and only you.

Last edited:

S. Cane

I'm not logged in this other forum (at least not anymore) but if you like this kind of subject, read this topic."The dog-faced demons at the gates of the night of time"... It's probably the coolest I've ever read about potentially supernatural oddities :)

If your browser doesn't do it automatically, skip to post #91 there.

Do you believe in ghosts?

DOSE!

Life is energy. Your body is just a vessel. When you die your energy still exists in some form. I am an atheist so this is the belief I subscribe to. What I saw was an orb of light five feet away and 46 years hasn't changed anything. Maybe it was there or maybe it was a figment of my imagination. I believe what a seen.

johnnyslim

I think so. I work in a building where you have an employee badge/card key. You put the card key to the reader and it allows you to open the door and enter the building. You have to get your card within 2-3 inches for it to be read. I came in one morning and was alone in entry way. As I approached the door with the card reader I heard a voice very clearly say "Sorry" and the card reader beeped to allow one to enter the building. I was a good 4-5 feet from the door and had not pulled my badge/card key out yet. The door did not open but the card reader remained activated and I walked through.

A good friend and his wife raised and trained golden retrievers. The old male died at 12 years of age. In the latter stages of his life he would bring rocks in the house. A few months after the golden's death, on what would have been his 13th birthday, they woke up and found 13 rocks in the place where he used to lay.

I have heard if people think there are ghosts/spirits around you set something up like spoons on table in a specific manner. Leave them there and check them daily to see if the get rearranged.

Zar149

I don't seem to believe in ghosts, but I'm terribly afraid of the dark. It seems to be an adult already, but when the light turns off unexpectedly in the evening, it becomes very scary and bad for me. Perhaps something is such, but I did not see ghosts, so I do not believe.

garywright

zar149 ..if your light turns off unexpectedly at night :ghost:..time to beat-feet :wow