• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replacement tuners for a 2007 R0.

Marc1406

Hi

I have a set of Gotoh locking tuners with Uncle Lou tips on my R0. The tuners work okay in that they stay in tune, but I don't think the locking tuners are worth having on a guitar without a vibrato. I find undoing the locking mechanism rather cumbersome would prefer to have normal tuners.

The question remains what to put on the guitar, I could put Gotoh tuners on the guitar as they work well, then there is the Kluson tuners which were fitted to the original Les Paul's. I have heard people say that the new Kluson tuners are junk but I have had Kluson tuners on my Strat for over 10 year and they have performed very well. The next option is looking for remaining stock of TonePros Kluson style tuners or even Montreux Kluson style tuners which are very expensive.

I don't want to go down the Grover path as the tips appear rather large and I don't like the look of them. I am somewhat biased after reading that PRS went to light weight tuners after playing Dicky Betts' Les Paul.

Look forward to seeing your replies.

Regards

Marc