• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Joe B playing Greeny and Koss

Jon Brook

Just watched Joe playing Greeny and Koss...
i know they were at different times but would his rig of been the same set up?
those guitars sound vastly different on that bridge pick up..

Jon

sws1

Both appeared to have been in his Marshall phase. But in the videos I have seen, Koss was played through a Van Weelden combined with Marshalls.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised that they sound different.

Jon Brook

Interesting ..both 59's ..i know greeny had fucked about neck pup ..but the solo was played on the Bridge ..like Koss was.
please enlighten this newb...

F-Hole

Greeny sounds different to any other 'burst I've played, and on all PU positions too.

rays44

Can someone explain why they sound so different please?

Did you ever have someone else play through your rig? Same guitar, amp, etc. and it sounds different. Sometimes subtle, sometimes dramatic. A player's touch, heart and soul have a dramatic affect on tone. Now, Change amps, guitars, mood, temperature/humidity, venues, etc. and imagine how much things can change. I've played a lot of jobs in my life where the same rig just sounded different. The reason is that your perception of tone on that day along with your mood is not a constant. It's a moving target that you adjust for (as best as possible). I hope this helps.
Ray