• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Any Gibson pickup production differences from 2007 to 2016?

ramaglia375

I just picked up a mint 2007 Studio vintage mahogany to use for modding and tinkering. It came w/ factory BB pro pickups. I also have a 2016 with BB pros. I intend on sitting down to conduct a direct comparison of the two BUT time hasn't allowed that to happen yet.

What I'm curious about is the construction of the pickups. Does anyone know if Gibson made any production changes to them between 2007 and 2016? If so, any thoughts on how it would effect tone?

I'm pretty sure I read a post on somewhere describing a change in the wire? Gibson used between then and now.

Any insight would be appreciated, other than to ditch the pro's, which are coming out anyway to experiment with other p/u's.

Thank you
Randy
<body id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">I just picked up a mint 2007 Studio vintage mahogany w/ factory BB pros. I also have a 2016 with BB pros. I intend on sitting down to conduct a direct comparison of the two BUT hasn't happened yet.

What I'm curious about is the construction of the pickups. Does anyone know if Gibson made any production changes to them between 2007 and 2016? If so, any thoughts on how it would effect tone?

I'm pretty sure I read a post on MLP describing a change in the wire Gibson used between then and now.

Any insight would be appreciated (other than to ditch the pro's
clear.png
)

Thanks
Randy</body>