• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Question 90s Les Paul Custom Schaller Tuner

CableClamp

Hello guys,

I'm about to buy a LPC from 1992. Will test the guitar in the coming days. Seller says everything is original and no refinish. Here is the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/GIBSON-LES-P...260645?hash=item4b225ff2e5:g:MiAAAOSwSlBY0B8x

Serial: 92972522 (Guitar Date Project)

All in all the guitar looks good to me but one thing baffles me. The tuners! I've never seen those Schaller Pin Tuners except for 1990.

Can anyone help me to clarify whats going on here? Serial not accurate?

Any help appreciated!

Last edited:

John Vasco

Hello guys,

I'm about to buy a LPC from 1992. Will test the guitar in the coming days. Seller says everything is original and no refinish. Here is the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/GIBSON-LES-P...260645?hash=item4b225ff2e5:g:MiAAAOSwSlBY0B8x

Serial: 92972522 (Guitar Date Project)

All in all the guitar looks good to me but one thing baffles me. The tuners! I've never seen those Schaller Pin Tuners except for 1990.

Can anyone help me to clarify whats going on here? Serial not accurate?

Any help appreciated!

Fear not! I have the same tuners on my 1991 lefty LP Custom.
h9lbRS.jpg

Haven't a back view, but if you want one to assuage your fears, let me know and I'll take a snap of the back. :dude:

CableClamp

Ok, that gives me peace in mind. No worries, i believe you without a back picture. :)

One more thing that surprises me after seeing lots of 90s LPCs on the net and now yours too is the logo. The one on ebay has the open b and o logo instead of the typical 80s-90s as yours. Besides the one on ebay I've seen only one other which was also a 1992.

Is there any knowledge about why there are two different logos used during this time? The logo thread here didn't give me any hint about that.

CableClamp

Ok, I bought it. Thanks guys for your help!

The guitar plays and sounds great. Think I got lucky with this one. But will change the PUs with WCRs I have lying around and will put a new wiring harness in it as well as an aluminum tailpiece. Maybe later a Faber ABR conversion bridge.

Its also relatively light with 9.2lb. Without the tailpiece and the harness base plate even more :D

Thanks again guys. I think I've found my dream LPC.

El Gringo

Your in for some serious fun and playing enjoyment and I applaud your choice to change out the wiring harness as I have done myself .Get the 500k pots .