• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Vintage 1968 Fender Deluxe Reverb Drip Edge Amp Circuit AB763 Basement Find

I recently picked this out of the original owners basement and its gorgeous.

https://reverb.com/item/2279087-vin...plifier-circuit-ab763-near-mint-basement-find

If you are looking for a near mint all original unmolested vintage 1968 Deluxe Reverb with AB763 circuit then you just found it. There are reasons why cats like J.D. Simo put away the Marshall and went back to the Deluxe Reverb and this is a perfect example of that. This is an incredible near mint all original 1968 Fender Deluxe Reverb amplifier just like the Beatles used for the Roof Top Concert in 1968. You will hard pressed to find one cleaner. I just pulled this amp out out of the original owners basement and it was hardly used and I could not believe me eyes when I saw it. The amp is all original and the tolex and grille cloth and footswitch are perfect. The face plate is beautiful and you can just tell this amp has had very little use. This one is so clean you would almost think it is a reissue but it is not. It looks near mint for being 48 years old and I never saw one cleaner and it even has the original Fender/Jensen speaker.

I recently took it to Fender authorized service station amp master Dean Zink on 5/5/16 and had him authenticate it and go right through it and service it. I didn’t want to take any chance of the transformers blowing up or damaging the circuit from dried out caps or a bad power cord so here is what Dean Zink did to it as part of the service. As you know these Fender/Jensen C12Q speakers never sounded too good so I had Dean install a real vintage original 1968 Jensen Vibranto Gold speaker with a fresh re-cone and it sounds simply incredible in it however the original 1968 Fender Jensen speaker is included as well. The amp peaked out at 24 watts on the bench test and will be for good for another 48 years . This amp just sounds incredible and really is a killer near mint all original vintage amp with all original transformers and reverb tank.

1. Replace power cord
2. Replaced all caps
3. Replaced 2 resistors
4. Install new tubes where needed
5. Clean, service, bias & bench test the amp at 24 watts

6. Install a killer original period correct 1968 date code Jensen Gold Vibranto speaker that sounds simply killer

DATE CODES: Here are the date codes for this amp.

Serial Number: A27998 (Circuit AB763)
Power Transformer: 606829
Choke 606825
Output Transformer 606805
Reverb Transformer 606838
Reverb Tank-Original
Fender Jensen C12Q Speaker: 220802
Jensen Vibranto Speaker: 220833

$2495 Shipped & insured using Pay Pal

dr25_zpswbg8po4z.jpg

dr15_zpsj34nmsqq.jpg

dr16_zpssqhzpftz.jpg