• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Lynwood,Wa police investigating possible stolen Les Paul

Tim H.

This was already posted on the mylespaul site, but I saw it on the local news again tonight and thought I would pass it on. The Lynwood Washington police are investigating the possible theft of a Les Paul. A person with a criminal history walked into a Guitar Center offering to sell a LP valued at 5K for $1600. GC employees called the police who held the guitar and ran an ad on craigslist showing the case but not the guitar stating it had been recovered and were looking for someone who had been a victim of theft a chance to identify and or claim it. Weeks have passed and no one has come forward so it was returned to the individual, but the case is still open. If you know someone who has lost a guitar they may want to contact the police in Lynwood. Case #16-5484 (425) 744-6900

Last edited:

montesada

Smells like a hoax. Police wouldn't confiscate item unless it showed up in their database. They might have copied down the serial, but that's as far as that would have gone. Also, how many $5000 USA Gibbys are there?

Tim H.

A hoax? The phone number I posted is for the Lynwood police dept. The guy that was trying to sell it was known to police and had previous convictions. I watched the interview with the investigating officer tonight on the local news. If I knew anyone on the west coast that had lost a guitar lately I'd at least give them a call.