• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

'Burst strap pic needed

53Goldtop

Could someone post a pic of both sides of the Gibson strap that normally came with a 'burst. I think it is the light brown leather one with a white or cream colored back. Thanks!!!

flameburst

Two generic tan leather 'Burst' straps pictured on the left (and inside original box). Cream coloured felt lined shoulder pads.

On the right is the generic leather 'ES' series strap, with white leather padded shoulder pad, plus original box. (Both are ACE/Gibson-made, between 1958-1962).

flameburst

Thanks! And by the way, beautiful straps!!!!

It's not usual I can help here, but in this instance I'm happy to have done so. :salude

BTW, the so called '58-'62 Gibson/Ace 'burst straps' came in other colours too - white, black and possibly others besides. I have a 'tooled' version of one of those tan straps which is very cool - on the left hand side of this pic...

53Goldtop

Thanks again - you were VERY helpful. I've been trying to find the leather (both sides) 'burst strap, as well as a few hang tags, to complete my '59 burst! I am looking at one but was not sure it was correct, however, I think it is. Do you have a strap collection?

flameburst

Cool, I'm glad it has been helpful.

As far as a strap collection - I guess it has become a small one! I started out with the intention to find period-correct straps for a few guitars and got the bug. Mainly with the intention of using them as props (along with old string packs and similar interesting 'candy'), to get some professional photographs done and possibly with a view to producing a glossy calendar or e-book. (A long-term project!).

Thanks again - you were VERY helpful. I've been trying to find the leather (both sides) 'burst strap, as well as a few hang tags, to complete my '59 burst! I am looking at one but was not sure it was correct, however, I think it is. Do you have a strap collection?

sumitagarwal

I'm curious: the straps came in multiple colors, but was there a "standard" color for 57-59 Les Pauls?

Curiously, for the GV99 reissue strap Gibson seemed to have gone with a light tan or possibly even natural untannrd.