• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My 68 SG

Reno_1ted

Caught a rare bit of winter sunshine this week and decided to grab a couple of snaps. Thought the forum could do with an injection of SG goodness.

DonRowe

:dude: beautiful ! My first REAL guitar was one of these I bought used in about 1974 :)

moonweasel

Really starting to get GAS for an LSSG. reno, your guitar isn't helping. :)

Can anyone explain to a novice about the poker chip / pickguard interaction? Did it originally not have a poker chip, reno?

Reno_1ted

Really starting to get GAS for an LSSG. reno, your guitar isn't helping. :)

Can anyone explain to a novice about the poker chip / pickguard interaction? Did it originally not have a poker chip, reno?

I think it has always had a poker chip. I can't say if this is original though. It's certainly wider than my 65 SG chip. It's definitely old as the writing has all but faded from it.

The Pickguard is fitted quite low down, the ABR bridge screws through 2 holes in the Pickguard and the posts are not central, they are at the neck end. So maybe the Pickguard has moved / expanded.

The Pickguard and the chip are always very close on these, almost touching.

moonweasel

I think it has always had a poker chip. I can't say if this is original though. It's certainly wider than my 65 SG chip. It's definitely old as the writing has all but faded from it.

The Pickguard is fitted quite low down, the ABR bridge screws through 2 holes in the Pickguard and the posts are not central, they are at the neck end. So maybe the Pickguard has moved / expanded.

The Pickguard and the chip are always very close on these, almost touching.

Thanks for the lesson, it is a killer example