• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Custom

jb_abides

Please - this is NOT a section to post direct inquiries to Gibson Custom or to bash the company -- there are enough criticisms and compliments posted in other Pubs in the Les Paul Forum. This section is to simply acknowledge their support and the fine guitars they are building for Gibson enthusiasts.

Keep your eyes on this thread for pre-announcements of upcoming projects, informal surveys on new product ideas and feel free to use it as a means to reach us with your input and questions.

Welcome, Kevin and thanks to you and the team not only for producing great guitars but for becoming more active here.

So, does this mean to override Slub's admonition?

Perhaps we need a sub-forum or some protocol for this?

Hey, another good idea might be to get a Point of Contact from Memphis and Bozeman on here (or perhaps elsewhere and let us know), perhaps in sub-forums. I am sure Mike and the other Admin stewards would welcome and provide it.

Cheers, we are all rooting for you guys to keep producing the world's best guitars -- even us LEFTY players! :jim

:salude :salude

customshop2

LPF Premier Sponsor!
Welcome Kevin!

I am the host of the 60's SG and Les Paul Sub-Forum here at the LPF, and I was very excited to see Edwin Wilson discuss the new Historic 1968 Les Paul Custom in an interview on YouTube. I believe it is already on sale in Japan and really hope it makes it to these shores as well.

:dude:
Thanks! Yes, that's correct about the '68 LPC being available in Japan first, though the "re-introduction" is likely to have a few spec upgrades that tie into True Historic (our upcoming next gen of Historic Reissue). I'm waiting to find that out myself.

customshop2

LPF Premier Sponsor!
Welcome, Kevin and thanks to you and the team not only for producing great guitars but for becoming more active here.

Hey, another good idea might be to get a Point of Contact from Memphis and Bozeman on here (or perhaps elsewhere and let us know), perhaps in sub-forums. I am sure Mike and the other Admin stewards would welcome and provide it.

Cheers, we are all rooting for you guys to keep producing the world's best guitars -- even us LEFTY players! :jim

I can't speak for how the forum is structured...I'm new and that's all Mike and I'm sure I'm not overriding anything-just keeping an eye on our section and keeping anyone interested informed, but I can definitely intro the admin to other contacts in the company on request.

moonweasel

Your avatar is mesmerizing Charles. I wasted half a workday staring at it....it's like they know me.

hahahah, haven't we all!

----

Thanks for the update on that new 68 Historic, Kevin. I am also the author of this site: http://www.latesixtieslespauls.com/

On it, I will be happy to write an article on the new model if/when it comes out. I already have a little blurb on the Japanese version.

MikeSlub

Administrator
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! It's taken us a while to get started, but plans are to maintain an active presence here and provide both information and engage some of our most important players/collectors in how we do business. I'm Kevin Van Pamel-many of you know me and I have the pleasure of knowing many of you. I look forward to knowing more of you. Keep your eyes on this thread for pre-announcements of upcoming projects, informal surveys on new product ideas and feel free to use it as a means to reach us with your input and questions.

Again, thanks to all of you for being active in such an important community to us!

Kevin
Kevin, welcome aboard! We are honored to have you and Gibson Custom as our Premier Sponsor! :dude: :dude:

moonweasel

Hey Kevin,

When you get a chance, please check your PM's. I sent you an idea I've had for ages. Thanks!

dylumph

I've bought a bunch of Custom Shop guitars. I've never sold one!

GREAT JOB!

Cooper12

It's fantastic news that Gibson Custom has joined as a Premier Sponsor of the Les Paul Forum! Their commitment to supporting the forum and their dedication to crafting exceptional guitars for Gibson enthusiasts are truly commendable. It's wonderful to see a company like Gibson Custom recognizing and valuing the passionate community of Les Paul fans. Let's use this section to express our appreciation for their support and to celebrate the love for these iconic guitars. This is a place for positivity and gratitude rather than a platform for direct inquiries or criticisms. Rock on! 🎸🤘

jb_abides

FWIW: This thread is 7 years old, and Kevin has moved on to Pro Audio, not with the Custom Shop anymore.

We are glad @matkoehler pops in to his thread!

Not sure if the sponsorship is still a 'formal' thing, but maybe Mat can recruit folks from the Custom Shop to succeed Kevin...?

Cooper12

Welcome, Kevin and thanks to you and the team not only for producing great guitars, but for becoming more active here.

Greywolf

Thank you for your support , as a long time Luthier I am inspired by your work and cherish my 3 Custom Shops.