• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

will the burst die as a musical instrument with the baby boomer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

landminelenny

Les Paul Froum Member
Moderators: I feel the need to reply to this, as it is an accusation directed toward me. My response is not a personal attack. Its just a response.

by design? You seriously think I came in here with malicious intent? :bigal

When I was going to college, asking questions was called critical thinking. What you (and others) are doing is called bullying into group think.

Ok, so you're the college kid and we're the playground bullies because we don't agree with you?

Tom was not directing an accusation toward you he was just stating an opinion that this thread is a waste of space.

I agree. For a start it's in the wrong section and it serves no purpose here. This section is for discussing vintage Les Pauls and this discussion would better be suited to the intellectual muscle flexing section of the 'I haven't got a vintage Les Paul but that doesn't mean I'm not better than you' forum.

Last edited:

ourmaninthenorth

S'funny, I woke up this morning, and I still love 'em.

Maybe I'm unteachable.

Shame on me.

:spabout

sikoniko

You started this mess and now you want to whine about it? You didn't just join here, you joined two years ago. You had to know that your post was going to stir up a hornets nest. Stop being a crybaby and take your lumps like a man.

I did sign up a number of years ago, but until the forum was under new management, my account was never able to be activated.

Sikoniko is Yeti's twin brother and I claim my $5.......

I don't get your analogy but I think its safe to you mean this in a negative way.

Ok, so you're the college kid and we're the playground bullies because we don't agree with you?

actually, I'm not sure you know where I stand on the issue... you just know you don't like my question - or, you are falling in line with some of the others to join in "with the playground bullies". I actually like other opinions. I listen to them and use them to shape my own. I'm not stuck in any one paradigm but open to learning, growing, and forming new thoughts.

Tom was not directing an accusation toward you he was just stating an opinion that this thread is a waste of space.

I agree. For a start it's in the wrong section and it serves no purpose here. This section is for discussing vintage Les Pauls and this discussion would better be suited to the intellectual muscle flexing section of the 'I haven't got a vintage Les Paul but that doesn't mean I'm not better than you' forum.
Until a few months ago I owned a '56 goldtop. So don't stereotype me.

I don't get this whole "better than" comment. I don't relate to idolatry of things - that you are correct about. I also don't understand why people think the Burst is the end all - be all of guitars. Yes, I like Les Pauls and have an appreciation of vintage instruments as a whole, though mostly Gibson and Fender, I don't understand why so many of you focus so intensely on the Les Paul. I know many of the 'elders' play other brands, but choose to focus attention on Gibson. Why is that? To me it's like having a flat head screw driver and a phillips head screw driver. I use the right tool for the right job. Why has a general vintage guitars forum not been successful? TPDRI is where the Tele guys go, and here and MLP is where Gibson guys go, and the strat has not had a successful home.

I posted my question in this section because I *thought* you guys did more than post pictures of your guitars and pat each other on the back. Ends up I was wrong.

The future of the Burst, its legacy, is in the hands of its owners. Its your choice what the future will think about it. You guys have passion...but your so focused on the fact that you own it that you are blind to who it may go to next. Its like gollum and the ring. If owning a burst is the price of admission to this club, then its future is bleak. Yes, it wall always have monetary value...but its up to you guys to pass down the passion you have for it, and its obvious that many of you don't care (indifferent) as long as you treat others like you guys (owners) do me.

I came here because I was hoping your passion would rub off more on me... That I would read about your tales and you guys reject me because I don't own one and have the nerve to ask a question about one. I didn't fall in line and say 'congrats on NVGD'. Instead I got grumpy old men.

My question was innocent in nature. My passion is music. I believe in the preservation of my passion.

I don't want someone to like me because of something I own.

MikeSlub

Administrator
It certainly feels like this thread has now exceeded its useful life.

Status
Not open for further replies.