• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

!952 Les Paul with Mojoaxe Bridge

hipbluescat

Hi

Has anyone compares the playability and tone of a 52 with the mojoaxe bridge with 1955 gold top with the abr bridge?

Cheers

MapleFlame

Hi

Has anyone compares the playability and tone of a 52 with the mojoaxe bridge with 1955 gold top with the abr bridge?

Cheers

Can't compare them, unless you set each up with both setups, you will never know. There are differences no matter what, wood, pickups, electronics etc... They both offer something that can be fun. I like my 52 with Mojoaxe and like my 56 Goldtop with the ABR-1. Save your money and get a ABR-1 variety.

blauserk

Based on your other recent posts, I suspect you're not really talking about a '52 versus a '55, but a '52 with a mojoaxe tailpiece versus a '52 with a neck reset so it can accommodate an ABR-1 and stop tailpiece.

If I were you, I'd try the mojoaxe tailpiece on your '52 and see if it scratches your itch. I got a Glaser tailpiece on my '52 and it's ended any thoughts I ever might have had of resetting the neck on that guitar--it plays great and wounds wonderful. I really want for nothing more since I got the tailpiece. A neck reset could completely change the sound and feel of the guitar, so I just wouldn't do it when all the playability I have is within reach with the Glaser tailpiece.

I also have a 52 converted by Mirabella to '57 specs (before I bought it) with a neck reset and PAFs. The Mirabella is a great example, but for me, the difference there is purely P90s vs. PAFs. I've never felt any shortcoming from the absence of an ABR-1 bridge on the '52.

The '52s have some great sounding pickups, and personally, I love the feel that the flat neck angle gives.