• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

HELP! Alamo Scematics

Wally

efk, I realized that htat pin 6 is a blank....great p iont fro connectiong to parts unknown. Maybe Sudnay I'll get this on the bench and do some more investigation.
I have tried a time or two to draw schematics...with accurate but amateurish results according to those more knowledgable and experienced in mapping things out. I have no problem finding the path of the physical circuit...it is simply understanding how best to convey that via the schematic that ismy challenge....that and time.

Wally

Bringing back a dead thread I am.
JT45, what ever went on with your Alamo? I have mine back online albeit in less than 100% function.
The tone section does not work, and the trem speed is not adjustable. I have to find the time and the inclination to dive off into that circuit to cure those problems. Otherwise it sounds great.
To draw the schematic for tis amp would entail tearing major portions of the circuit down, and that is probably what will have to be done to get that tone section working. As your picture there shows, that section is an electronic enigma wrapped in a messy puzzle, right?

I was wondering if you got it worked on and if so how it came out..and who did it for you?

I recently rebuilt a 1966 Alamo Fury for which there is no known schematic. Getting the amp working without the schematic was no problem as it is a simpler circuit without such clutter. The Sonics of the amp were so interesting that I had to draw the schematic...interesting tone section. The Bass control acts differently than a ‘normal’ bass cut circuit. Very interesting amp to play, imho.