• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Recording with iphone?

Mars Hall

I've made decent recordings with my iphone using the memo feature it came with. The drawback is there is no recording level adjustment, it depends on where in the room you place it.

What are the best apps for recording live music to an iphone?

andy k

I'm using a lot of different stuff on my iPad, peavey amp kit is pretty awesome, and amplitude is just as good- 8 track studio on there-- haven't really played with any of them seriously, they all have a lot of features but I still tend to just put the IPad in front of my pod powered tube amp to record ideas.
I know digital is sneered at on these forums- but for home low volume stuff I think they achieve a good enough sound to quench the thirst.
Cheers guys
Andy k

Mars Hall

I've been experimenting with recording band rehearsals, with just the internal mic, anywhere in the same room results in overdriving the recording signal. I will next try having the iphone in the next room or possibly placing a thin towel over it.

All I'm really looking for is to get an idea of how we are playing together so high fedility is not required as long as we can hear all musicians. Doing some google searches, I ran accross this...

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigmic/features/

I'll be looking for reviews when this comes out.