• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

#1 HM 9 4194

simon

If it is a R7 why SN 9 4194?

And SIMON why would someone GT a Flametop, when there are THOUSANDS of R7 GTs made every year? You paid EXTRA for the flames on a R9 or R0....seems silly if you do not CARE about flametops?

Maybe because I love THIS particular R9 and/but I love Goldtops and I'd love to see her in a new golden dress?
Flames are cool but why should I buy a new guitar if I could just change the face of a KEEPER?

samuel

Wow. Congrats on a great looking guitar. I am curious to know how much different the neck feels?

Also, did you have any parts replaced or is everything on it aged stock parts?

As soon as I can afford it I am going to send them my R9.

The neck is very comfortable and the shoulders don't seem to feel as wide as on my other R7, there's a significant difference going from one guitar to the other.

It has Wolftones, not sure which. The machine heads are original 50's and so is the tr cover. Switch tip & jack plate have been replaced and appear to be more vintage accurate, retro-spec perhaps ?. Not too sure about the other plastic parts & hardware.

kthesheep

The neck is very comfortable and the shoulders don't seem to feel as wide as on my other R7, there's a significant difference going from one guitar to the other.

It has Wolftones, not sure which. The machine heads are original 50's and so is the tr cover. Switch tip & jack plate have been replaced and appear to be more vintage accurate, retro-spec perhaps ?. Not too sure about the other plastic parts & hardware.
It has Dr Vintage pickups. Set #99

jkaffenb

That guitar looks fantastic!!! I'm especially excited to see more HM aged Goldtop pictures. My 2006 Historic VOS 57 Goldtop is with Dave Johnson right now for some of his magic. My guitar also has a set of Wolfetone Dr. Vintage pickups in it, so ours should be very similar.
Congratulations on the guitar. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that one purchased off ebay rather than sent to them by you for the makeover? I thought that that one (7 4194)was the first Historic Makeover. Either way it looks and I'm sure sounds fantastic.

John

samuel

Yep. I bought it off eBay. Obviously I have no idea how this guitar sounded before all work was done.

All I can say is that the guitar responds very well which says a lot for its construction & quality of work done by HM. The pickups are awesome, the clarity is there and note separation is well defined as you would expect.