• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

OK, Thoughts On CR97011

05hummer

Now Im thinking about a Chambered Reissue from Wildwood Guitars. Any Thoughts Or Sugestions. Never played or herd one, but forum members seem to really like them.Im basically looking for something different. Oh and the pictures-07 CR9 Gloss Iced tea 7.76 Lbs.
cr97011_lg1.jpg
cr97011_lg5.jpg

kink56

Les Paul Froum Member
Beautiful LP, but I am against the chambering in principle. In my mind, they should cost LESS, and it is a way to offer a lighter LP, without using more expensive lightweight mahogany. It is also a new way to market an Elegant or a Class 5.

05hummer

True, but they just gave me one hell of a price shipped to my door overnight.

E.Fisher

Not my kind of top. I like the one you are selling much better!

K

Kim R

Beautiful LP, but I am against the chambering in principle. In my mind, they should cost LESS, and it is a way to offer a lighter LP, without using more expensive lightweight mahogany. It is also a new way to market an Elegant or a Class 5.

Exactly incorrect.

A Cloud reissue (Chambered, CR serial number) is an Historic guitar in all respects - except - the body is routed. Elegant or Class 5: Different neck, frets, pickups, bridge, tail piece, neck/body joint, finish, inlays, etc., etc.

The CR guitars respond a bit differently than the solid-body Historics. They "sag" a little on the attack, and generally bloom a bit more. Note: Like any other series, each specimen has it's own character. The differences are subtle, but if one is a devote' of Pauls, one will feel a difference.

I purchased a '54 Oxblood CR model months ago and have never had a more satisfying experience. There are very few places from which to by a CR, and I recommend the folks at WW without reservation. Steve picks great guitars and stands by each and every sale without condition. The guitars are inspected and properly set up.

Disclosure: I occasionally do some of that setup, inspecting, etc. I haven't personally handled the guitar pictured on this thread. The staff luthier is imminently qualified and nothing goes out without the owner's approval.

Happy hunting,

Red Baron

I personally don't go for that top either, but each to his own... if it has the features and look you're after, I'd say go for it.

You obviously liked the top on the R0 I've just bought because you started a thread about it, I've seen chambered Reissues with rift sawn authentic looking tops that are very much like that, in fact one of the best looking Reissues I've ever seen was a chambered bought from Sweetwater by a forum member.

05hummer

Not my kind of top. I like the one you are selling much better!
I thought the same thing about the top, until Troy sent some more pictures and it really turned me on. Like Flyingnotes stated there arn't too many places to get them. I also did not want VOS. Red Baron, i found a few used rift sawn but i just cant get past the VOS craze. nothing against anyone, its just not for me. I'll have it tomorrow so I'll update the pictures and give a full tone report...:salude

I sold a great sounding guit with a top like that, if you dont absolutely love that syle of top look around you'll find plenty of choices.