• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

05 R7 GT RI

DaveTV

Like this...........

Code:
[img]put.the.address.of.the.pic.here[/img]

You need to upload your pics to a hosting site.

I recommend Lilypix.com as it helps to finance the Les Paul Forum. :dude
:jim

jcourtjr

i have a 05 R7. It is the 4th one made that year. Weighs 8.6 pounds which i thought was a little light for a R7. Plays like nothing I have ever touched before.

IMG_0069.jpg

02glps

jcourtjr-nice piece!!!!! i hear ya about going historic and never going back.that is probably going to be me.

Dave Carpenter

bluesjuke said:
First I got my '02 Standard, then my R7, then my R8.
So you see the R8 is not your second choice it is your 'next' choice.

When you get your R8 if you don't want a lot of red then the Washed Cherry is what you want to get.

Beautifully stated! :salude

02glps

i've decided that the R8 "IS" my next choice.got any pix of "washed cherry"?

Hamajang

I've been playing mostly Strats and Teles...I picked up a R7 GT last year. Now my single coil axes hardly come outta the closet. I just love my R7 :3zone
05goldie017.jpg

Todd Louis

02glps said:
Here is one of mine... Fleck an 05' 58' PT to ge the GAS going!

2882_p48458.jpg

2882_p48459.jpg

bluesjuke

Todd you're feeding my "I think I need a second R8 GAS".
Already got a great R8 Plaintop but I would like two.

Last edited:

Todd Louis

bluesjuke said:
Todd you're feeding my "I think I need a second R8 GAS".
Already got a great R* Plaintop but I would like two.
Two is always better then one Like the gum... :bh
Already have a PT? Oh well get a Dark Burst FT:wink

My Ms Blue GAS PAINS Gibson should be sending me money :lol

2882_p42364.jpg

02glps

TODD-like i need any help getting the gas going,LOL.thanx for the pix.she is BEAUTIFUL.i wish i could go out an' get one now!!!

bluebender

You know, I've got a new R7 myself, got it last month, a beauty darkback at 8.7 lbs. By way of comparison, I've also got an R9 and the R7 is much louder and punchier. Same exact pups, same setup, pickup height etc. Whats up with this? I mean I like my R9 but was rather surprised at the power/output difference.

Todd Louis

02glps said:
TODD-like i need any help getting the gas going,LOL.thanx for the pix.she is BEAUTIFUL.i wish i could go out an' get one now!!!
:salude

02glps

bluesjuke-you have an 02 standard and a R7 ,right? so do i. do you find the R7 to be brighter sounding than the 02 ? do/did you find that the R7 had to "open up " a little? i feel my 02 sounds better (to my ears), mellower?i know the p/ups are different(BB1+2)vs.(BB PROS). anybody else feel free to chime on this.

D'Mule

02glps said:

Washed Cherry R8 is a yummy addition to any collection.
Pile.jpg

LPStandard0488

I love the look of a PT and the washed cherry just sets it off.. thanks guys. now i gotta go find a job... :lol

bluesjuke

02glps said:
bluesjuke-you have an 02 standard and a R7 ,right? so do i. do you find the R7 to be brighter sounding than the 02 ? do/did you find that the R7 had to "open up " a little? i feel my 02 sounds better (to my ears), mellower?i know the p/ups are different(BB1+2)vs.(BB PROS). anybody else feel free to chime on this.

My R7 is an '02 as well so it has the '57 Classics in it. It is however brighter than my '02 Standard. My R7 sounded great right from the beginning if that's what you mean by "open up a little". I expect it will mellow out some with age & ageing magnets on the pickups.
The BB1&2's that started in '03 (some earlier) on R7's are even a little brighter than the '57's.

Last edited:

02glps

thanks bluesjuke-i'm gonna play it like this(stock) for awhile,but i gotta feeling i'm going to change p/ups down the road(alnico2pros) to warm it up.