• THIS IS THE 25th ANNIVERSARY YEAR FOR THE LES PAUL FORUM! PLEASE CELEBRATE WITH US AND SUPPORT US WITH A DONATION TO KEEP US GOING! We've made a large financial investment to convert the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and now have to move to a new host. We also have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!
  • WE ARE MOVING THE LES PAUL FORUM TO A NEW HOSTING PROVIDER OVER THE NEXT 5-10 DAYS. We will experience downtime during that period. Please be patient and have confidence that we will return! Many thanks, Mike Slubowski, Admin

The Kossoff Burst

MHGOLDTOP

At a recent UK stop on the Joe Bonamassa tour, we had the pleasure of a visit from Paul Kossoff's former Burst. An awesome sounding guitar with a whole lotta Uber flame.

Here it is up close...

k1.jpg

k2.jpg

k3.jpg

k4.jpg

k5.jpg

k6.jpg

k7.jpg

k8.jpg

k9.jpg

k10.jpg

Thanks for sharing all those great shots!
That's got some patina, and plenty of history.
I can almost feel it, thanks to your detailed photos.

58Lover

Oh dayam! many thanks for those pics!!

Its such shame that that poor guitar got so beat up. If only someone had treated it better...

Of course, I jest. I am seriously digging being able to see such an LP icon. While I'm not a big fan of the BBQ type flame, I love seeing guitars that made the music I love, and to see a real workhorse!

burstman59

Wow that is so cool. wonder if its pretty much set up like it was when Mr. Kossoff owned it or if it has been changed through the yrs. Notably the stoptail is raised quite a bit. Also most of us realize the neck repair but what were the circumstances ? Did the repairman/luthier graft a complete new headstock and part of a neck or was a donor neck used ? I know Johnny Winter had used an early Firebird with a grafted on SG headstock. Just curious if new wood was used or part of an actual Gibson neck was used.

Classic71

Looks great, thanks for posting. JBLP player must be becoming an authority on how different bursts play! I bet he can tell a good one from a bad one by now.