• THIS IS THE 25th ANNIVERSARY YEAR FOR THE LES PAUL FORUM! PLEASE CELEBRATE WITH US AND SUPPORT US WITH A DONATION TO KEEP US GOING! We've made a large financial investment to convert the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and now have to move to a new host. We also have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!
  • WE ARE MOVING THE LES PAUL FORUM TO A NEW HOSTING PROVIDER OVER THE NEXT 5-10 DAYS. We will experience downtime during that period. Please be patient and have confidence that we will return! Many thanks, Mike Slubowski, Admin

2-Piece Reissue Fingerboard Proof

markguitar

Les Paul Forum Member
You can now see it is fact that the Custom Shop reissues have 2-piece fingerboards. Here's a shot of the first one I've seen. The total thickness of the fingerboard at the tallest point in the middle is .223" or 5.664mm. The bottom layer is .090" or 2.286mm

2pieceboard.jpg

Last edited:

Texas Blues

Don't look all that bad. I bet if I played it side by side with a one piece, I wouldn't be able to tell the diff.

CoolGuitarz

........it would matter though,, if a giutar being sold as "New' had that done to it--

J.D.

........it would matter though,, if a giutar being sold as "New' had that done to it--

good point, what is worse, a new guitar with a removed nut or 2-piece fretboard? maybe it would be better to just not know for sure...

CoolJoMark

good point, what is worse, a new guitar with a removed nut or 2-piece fretboard? maybe it would be better to just not know for sure...

how about a guitar with a 2 piece fretboard AND a removed nut.:rofl

CoolGuitarz

a lot of times before buying i usually also ask the seller to unglue the Top to check the back for weight relief hole's....... you can never be too careful--

Top Gun

Mark,
Thanks for posting!
Very interesting to see this; I would love to hear your tone report.
I wonder if it will make a sonic distinction??? My guess is probably not. Again, thanks for sharing!!!
TG

markguitar

Les Paul Forum Member
Am I asking you to buy the guitar?? Who said it was for sale??

People have been wondering and asking about the 2-piece boards. Nobody has posted a picture or seen one up until now. So I posted the pictures for people to see and to be informative, peroid.

J.D.

+1 if this is slated for a makeover then it is just generous information, thanks for showing :jim

samdjr74

Thanks Mark, its great to have people like you on this forum that take the time to help educate and inform the rest of us.

As a few other have said, I doubt anyone would be able to tell the difference between this and a one piece board, tonally and sonically.

rbuse

Am I asking you to buy the guitar?? Who said it was for sale??

People have been wondering and asking about the 2-piece boards. Nobody has posted a picture or seen one up until now. So I posted the pictures for people to see and to be informative, peroid.

I don't know why you even bother, Mark.
Thanks for the great picture.

moonweasel

Thanks for posting the picture Mark. Mark is a standup guy, and I would encourage any of you to purchase from him.

Side note, thanks again for the Tele I bought from you last year. Here it is hanging out with some old Gibson I have:

steve_blackandtan.jpg