• THIS IS THE 25th ANNIVERSARY YEAR FOR THE LES PAUL FORUM! PLEASE CELEBRATE WITH US AND SUPPORT US WITH A DONATION TO KEEP US GOING! We've made a large financial investment to convert the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and now have to move to a new host. We also have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!
  • WE ARE MOVING THE LES PAUL FORUM TO A NEW HOSTING PROVIDER OVER THE NEXT 5-10 DAYS. We will experience downtime during that period. Please be patient and have confidence that we will return! Many thanks, Mike Slubowski, Admin

Gary Moore Aged LP

MikeSlub

Administrator
Pretty cool guitar, just arrived from Vic. Weighs 8.5 lbs., plays very nicely, enough roar to rip your face off! Very "Greeny-like" curly top. For some reason the photos have more of an orange tint than the real butterscotch color. Heavy aging, especially on the neck, but it doesn't inhibit playing, and has a pretty cool vibe. COAs have not arrived yet (Gibson is waiting for Gary Moore to sign them). Hope you like the photos! :dude:

Gary_Moore_LP_Drivers_Side_2.JPG

Gary_Moore_LP_Drivers_Side_1.JPG

Gary_Moore_LP_Passenger_Side.JPG

Gary_Moore_LP_back.JPG

Gary_Moore_LP_headstock.JPG

Gary_Moore_LP_Neck.JPG

gary_moore_aged_lp_1.JPG

gary_moore_aged_lp_1a.JPG

gary_moore_aged_lp_2.JPG

Last edited:

RUFFCUT

Franksly, I'm Moore-Green with envy than you can imagine. Awesome Mike....:salude:salude:salude

LesPaul59

This one definitely takes the cake! Awesome aging, notably around the neck volume knob. :salude :salude :salude

S. Weiger

Yess... my my... :wow it's got mojo!
The heavy aging on the neck: did they put a thin layer of clear coat over it to make it feel smooth?

gmann

Great lookin' guitar Mike! I like how they replicated the headstock break, looks real! Congrats on gettin' this!

kelv_w

wow fantastic Greeny! I'm sooo envious.
How about some front headstock shots? :)

dknight16

I'm not understanding why none of the Gibson literature references the Peter Green connection. I guess licensing is even complicated when its a historical fact. Having the other major reference be the current owner is pretty lame. Whatever.

MikeSlub

Administrator
I'm not understanding why none of the Gibson literature references the Peter Green connection. I guess licensing is even complicated when its a historical fact. Having the other major reference be the current owner is pretty lame. Whatever.

Not hard to understand at all. They can't reference Peter Green in their literature if he didn't give them permission to do so. And Gary Moore only agreed to endorse the aged version. :ganz

D'Mule

Won't that headstock break reduce its resale value?:worm

Looks awesome!

57darkback

NIce Mike. I couldn't wait for the aged version and grabbed one of the first ones that Vic got in. I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to see that before it went out to it's new home. The VOS version is such a great guitar I just have to know - how does the sound and playability compare? The VOS felt like an old shoe, comfortable and broken in so I'm almost afraid to ask for your thoughts on the aged version. Congratulations on sweet guitar.

Tele52

Thanks, I now see that reference to Murphy in the overview section (not in the detail section where you'd expect it). :)

Yes, they need a proofreader. In one column it says BB3 neck, BB2 bridge, on another page it's reversed. So I'm not really sure which way it is, although the neck does seem pretty hot.

MikeSlub

Administrator
NIce Mike. I couldn't wait for the aged version and grabbed one of the first ones that Vic got in. I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to see that before it went out to it's new home. The VOS version is such a great guitar I just have to know - how does the sound and playability compare? The VOS felt like an old shoe, comfortable and broken in so I'm almost afraid to ask for your thoughts on the aged version. Congratulations on sweet guitar.

I have a VOS version also, and like both of them. The aged one feels more broken in and a bit more aggressive, but both guitars are great in their own way. :hank