• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Night Hawk?

Nihon Jim

Needs some help on this one. Came across this on a web site for a local shop here in Tokyo. Advertised as a 1993 Gibson Night Hawk. Anyone ever heard of this guitar? :hmm

GibsonNightHawk1993.jpg

Selling for about 1,300 USD.

Ad_02Std

Yeah, they made them for a short period in the early-mid '90s as I remember. They're a nice piece of kit. Ugly as sin though. The body shape was re-used in the P-90 loaded Blueshawk and later in the B.B. King signature Little Lucille.

That's all I got.

BadMotorScooter

Not a bad little guitar. Nice light feel. Lot's of tone variations on my 3 p/u model with the push/pull tone knob.
DSC00094.jpg

Nihon Jim

Thanks for the info guys. Price seems way too high but I may swing by the shop and giver her a play. :jim

BadMotorScooter

Yes, that price is very high. I wouldn't pay much more that $700-$800 US. But if you try it and it calls your name, then sometimes price isn't an issue. Good luck!

Mars Hall

When they first came out, I remember Gibson had advertisements picturing Joe Walsh playing it. Don't know if he ever really did or not.

bobore

Seems like $799 for a new Blueshawk w/p90s was the going price. They came in blue, red, & black. Nice little guitar, with a very slim neck.

BadMotorScooter

Peter Frampton and the guitarist from Wide Mouth Mason use these on a regular basis. Frampton approved? Can't be bad.

Dave G

I have one and they're GREAT Guitars. Very lightweight. body is thinner than a Les Paul and thicker than an SG. Mine probably weighs around 7lbs.
They made several models, from basic to fancy. Some with two PUs, some with three. All had coil splitting PUs. Huge variety of tones.
They have a 25.5" scale neck.

Here's a link to how they were made: http://www.gibson.com/reference/making/night.html

Here's a couple of pics of mine:

NH1.jpg

NH3.jpg

NH5.jpg

vegetablejoe

Wow $1300! That's more than double what it's going for at a local store... and triple what I originally got mine for.

Very underappreciated guitar. I myself tend to pick up my strat or lp, before the NightHawk. There must have been thousands of these made, and I wonder where they all went. There's one website that's devoted to the NightHawk and BluesHawk, but it only lists a few hundred owners...

zekmoe

They were great guitars, at least I thought so, but the bodies were so small they felt like a manolin. Uncomfortably small, like a Ric 610 or 620. Probably why they didn't take off.

Budman2k

I had that exeact model; same color as well. Very nice guitar for the money IMO. $1300.00 US is ridiculous. $700 -$800 as someone else mentioned is more like it.

Budman