• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Looking for a Japanese dealer that will sell to the UK

GazzaBloom

I'm looking to buy a 59 VOS and import to the UK from either the US or Japan. By the looks of the guitars here the Japanese market is getting some great tops, better than many of the US ones I've seen and certainly better than the UK: -

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/web-ikebe/ike_hist58_59/index.html

Shame I can't read a word of it!

Has anyone had any experience of importing from Japan and know of any Japanese sites in English or able to recommend a good Japanese dealer that will export?

Thanks

Gazza

sidekick

Have you not tried contacting them? Chances are that they will have a member of staff that knows the English language, (which is more than can be said of English dealers having a member of staff that can speak Japanese.... :wah).

If you have no joy though, post again and I can put you in touch with a Japanese guy who will probably be happy to negotiate/liaise for you.

markguitar

Les Paul Forum Member
I'm looking to buy a 59 VOS and import to the UK from either the US or Japan. By the looks of the guitars here the Japanese market is getting some great tops, better than many of the US ones I've seen and certainly better than the UK: -

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/web-ikebe/ike_hist58_59/index.html

Shame I can't read a word of it!

Has anyone had any experience of importing from Japan and know of any Japanese sites in English or able to recommend a good Japanese dealer that will export?

Thanks

Gazza

For the last 2-3 months all of the guitars that were slated to go to Japan have stayed here in the US since Gibson's break with Yamano. So there are just as many nice ones over here right now!

Ian Anderson

anyone got a source for people selling Epi Japan guitars? - I've just got an Epi Japan Les Paul junior and it's very nice indeed.

Red Baron

Ishibashi will ship anywhere, but take Mark's advice... you'll buy much cheaper from the States and there has been some spectacular authentic looking tops available there lately... you just gotta keep an eye out for used guitars.

The only problem with buying from the States, you can't buy new guitars for overseas delivery from any authorised Gibson dealer.

GazzaBloom

The only problem with buying from the States, you can't buy new guitars for overseas delivery from any authorised Gibson dealer.

Not true. Several dealers have confirmed they will ship new guitars to me here in the UK.

Gazza

markguitar

Les Paul Forum Member
Not true. Several dealers have confirmed they will ship new guitars to me here in the UK.

Gazza

Actually, Red Baron is correct! By the Gibson dealer agreement, the US dealers are not suppose to sell out of the USA or their given area. But that doesn't mean it nevers happens:) :)

maidenstrat

Gaz use babelfish or what ever its called to get it in english, thats what i used before i came out here. Sadly this country likes to spoil all my fun, and its blocked so I have to imagine what the japense says and just admire the pics. Though that said the lads are right there really are some crakers over the pond just now.

todd richman

I would talk to Nick Gardiner at East-West Guitars. He is an Englishman living in Tokyo. He sources some of the best VOS and Murphy-aged Historics. I have purchased 3 from him this year and his business tactics are the best. He also ships with EMS so you get the guitar very quickly. He has a bunch of lisitings at www.gbase.com. Do a search for Murphy aged and his stuff will be in the list.

timsmcm

I live in the states and I saw a guitar on Ikebe site and emailed him and he told me that he would not sale to me