• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Studio?

Electramone

Hi Everyone,

Quick advice:
I have two Historics (special and a goldie) both w/ P-90's. I miss having LP with HB's. The wife will flip if I get another guitar (I have a lot) BUT I just heard of a LP Studio at a local store that was stripped and resprayed in nitro but poorly. Guy says it's ratty but plays great. The cosmetic thing doesn't bug me at all but I've never played a Studio before and would like some opinions.

Thanks!

scozz50

I love my Studio, it plays, and sounds great. Not quite as nice as my 82 Custom, but nothing is. Doesn't look too bad either.

100_1794.jpg

Hillbilly

Mine's pretty cool; loaded with RS electronics and Psychebilly's...sounds great.

LP_GT.jpg

heel_1.jpg

knobs_1.jpg

SFK

Les Paul Forum Member
THe only LP that I've owned that I like anywhere near s much as my R7 is a totally beat 93 Studio that I had. It was heavy as all heck but it sounded great. (Stock)

JohnH

I love my new old 93 studio. A real LP sound from its 57 classic pups . None of my other guitars come close.

John

andy k

my advice--
definately go have a look with some cash in your pocket-
play it a bit to see if you like the feel--
if you get on with the neck / weight , I would knock the price right down-due to tatty finish, and then walk away happy.
I just got my second studio, which is also a refin, and I will be posting before / after pics as I want to change some of the plastic , but it has a set of burstbuckers in it, and it sounds really good cos of it.
My first studio , I picked up pretty cheap cos of the hack job someone had done to the black paint, so took it all off and made it look nice, and boy do those stock 490/498 pups sound good on there ( I'm comparing to a 2003 standard, a 2001 Gary Moore, and a 2000 Gothic studio-which has same pickups, but feels a bit different with the ebony neck )
This is the re-finished studio,currently my number one (until I get the new one fixed up )
pure.jpg
[/IMG]
let us know how you get on--and show us what you got
cheers
andy k

andy k

ps-
I should have mentioned that the pic is a 95 studio, do some checks but I think that was a good year--my new one has a 3 peice top and back, and is a 2002 (the 95 is one peice back-2 peice top)
PPS--
I love that relic'ed gold top up there--wonderful
bye
andy k

Electramone

Hey Hillbilly, LOVE that all gold job!!!

Just came home with the guitar. Finish was not too bad (white which I like) and it had an RS upgrade kit already dropped in! Sounded/played great. $500. Not bad I think.

Adwex

Hillbilly,

Didn't know they made Studios in goldtop. Cool.

Hey Hillbilly, LOVE that all gold job!!!

Just came home with the guitar. Finish was not too bad (white which I like) and it had an RS upgrade kit already dropped in! Sounded/played great. $500. Not bad I think.

Sounds like a decent deal to me.:dude:

AndyC

This is the re-finished studio,currently my number one (until I get the new one fixed up )
pure.jpg

Damn, that looks great! I love the natural wood and black hardware combo. Did you spray the top in nitro, or anything? Cool. I've flipped a couple of studios I picked up cheap, just as a way of building cash for the next guitar. I'll have to do the "andy k" model refinish on the next one that passes by (if the tone is up to it!)..:dude:

Toneburst

I don't own a Studio, but I like the old school vibe they have. At one of the best club shows I saw, this blues band had a fantastic guitar player, wearing an old time suit and hat, rippin' it up on a black Studio. He had it running through a blackface Fender amp, and it sound awsome.

kanada

i like my studio PP, natural finish seems to look the best. this one is mine
dsc0002se7.jpg

honkytone

Just picked up a 1997 Limited Edition wine red Studio today. Apparently these came with creme plastic and some badass P-94's. Interesting.

lew81

Some are great. Some are crap. You'll just have to play it and see if you get the vibe off it.