• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Peter Green LP For Sale

sillytele

Well here it is...The Peter Green/Gary Moore Les Paul is for sale. That is the word from Phil... This is an amazing guitar as many of you know. The price is hovering above the 1mil mark. Let the thread begin. This is for real.

eddie101

I guess Phil did not want to hold it for as long as GM did. :cool :hmm

As far as this thread is concerned, I truly do not see the light at the end of the tunnel, to be quite frank. :dang

vintage58

Hmmm, $2,000,000.00? The sales tax alone on the resulting retail transaction could likely pay for a less famous 'burst....

Hetfieldinn

Les Paul Froum Member
That's just flat out ridiculous. I don't care who owned it. I will admit that I know absolutely nothing about "Bursts". But I do know this, out of all of them I have seen, that is the most unappealing one to date.

BigMikeD

I posted awhile ago in another thread that I thought that, maybe, Jimmy Page's #1 might sell for a couple million bucks if it ever came up for sale. If I was in the right mood and frame of mind, I might fork over that much for it. But Peter Green, as good as he was and as legendary as he is in certain circles, is still more or less a cult figure and will never attain the status that Jimmy Page has; and therefore I don't think that guitar will fetch 2 million bucks. I like Peter Green, and I like old Les Pauls alot, but I don't think I'd pay more than $500K for it. (My wyffe is very open-minded, but I'm fairly certain even that mere pittance would be grounds for divorce.)

Then again, there's alot of new, disposable money floating around these days. Maybe a die-hard Peter Green nut will buy it as a trophy of some sort, for bragging rights, and go the 2 mil. Who knows? It'll be interesting to see what happens. And maybe the thread will be as entertaining as the last one was.

eddie101

Hetfieldinn said:
That's just flat out ridiculous. I don't care who owned it. I will admit that I know absolutely nothing about "Bursts". But I do know this, out of all of them I have seen, that is the most unappealing one to date.

Well, you should have seen this '52 GT conversion that I had my eyes on in another thread. :biggrin:

Itsallmuscle

WOOOOOOOOW. WOOOOOW.

Its in my shopping cart. I think thats just as good as owning it.. right?

Hope everyone saw / listended / FELT the clip. This was some piece of wood eh?

Im in awe and in shock. I embarrased to admit it but I know less about Peter Green/ Gary Moore than I do about Parker Guitars :), regardless watching that clip and reading history (went through a research phase) inspires me!

That is some RIDICULOUS tone. Unnapealing? Buddy I dont know what guitar IS appealing to you after hearing this one!!!

2mil huh. Dont have that now :). Not sure what the guy payed for it when it was sold but I think you get def get a few hundred K off of asking price. Huge neck repair to it too but I guess its Fame nullifies that. I'm praying a forum member picks it up before a rich japanese business man buys it.

unknown

BigMikeD. said:
But Peter Green, as good as he was and as legendary as he is in certain circles, is still more or less a cult figure
who's peter green??:hmm ........yeah...that guitar does not worth more than $500K or slightly more......he's not that famous...nor does gary

sbklein

For me, knowledge that Gary Moore owned it is like finding out the guitar is a refin -- knock off 40% (ducking for cover as I type!)

Itsallmuscle

j45 said:
can I sell my stuff here, too?

Sure, in the classified section.

I dont think this is spam. I think this is a historical sale, one worthy of a vintage guitar discussion. I don't think anyone here is profiting from this post, this is NOT just "another burst for sale."

This is one of the reasons we want bursts.

sillytele

Itsallmuscle said:
Sure, in the classified section.

I dont think this is spam. I think this is a historical sale, one worthy of a vintage guitar discussion. I don't think anyone here is profiting from this post, this is NOT just "another burst for sale."

This is one of the reasons we want bursts.

That is why I posted here. Many of us have had the great fortune of playing this guitar and holding it. This is not a spam, just a heads up on an historical and mighty fine Les Paul. It really is the essence of this forum. I know I am greatful for having had the opportunity to have this guitar cross my path for a few memorable days. When it sells (It will) it is unlikley that we will have that pleasure again. It was like Haley's comet. A once in a lifetime experience. :salude

sunburst1

All 'Burst are for sale if your willing to pay the right price.:laugh2: :spabout :jim

BillyBling

QUOTE]Well here it is...The Peter Green/Gary Moore Les Paul is for sale. That is the word from Phil...[/QUOTE]

It must play like shite.......:rolleyes

sunburst1

BillyBling said:
QUOTE]Well here it is...The Peter Green/Gary Moore Les Paul is for sale. That is the word from Phil...

It must play like shite.......:rolleyes[/QUOTE]

What makes you think that?
:hmm