• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!
  • WE ARE MOVING THE LES PAUL FORUM TO A NEW HOSTING PROVIDER OVER THE NEXT 5-10 DAYS. We will experience downtime during that period. Please be patient and have confidence that we will return! Many thanks, Mike Slubowski, Admin

Identify this Humbucker for me

crushingday

It is a Gibson on the back it has "#2 AL V wound by PS"
It is single conductor and has a "patent applied for" sticker on it" a 2005 Sunburts les paul with gold bell knobs , 50's neck and a beautifull widely flamed top.

SHRIMP69

Les Paul Froum Member
crushingday said:
It is a Gibson on the back it has "#2 AL V wound by PS"
It is single conductor and has a "patent applied for" sticker on it" a 2005 Sunburts les paul with gold bell knobs , 50's neck and a beautifull widely flamed top.

i guess it's burstbucker type2, wound by someone named PS.
i also guess that "AL V" means alnico 5 magnet. i thought all
the burstbuckers use alnico 2 magnet except "burstbucker pros". they used to be called "burstbucker 5" in the early years because of their magnets were alnico 5 instead 2? i guessed it that way. so this burstbucker of yours is either BB2 or BBPro? is your 2005 les paul historic or regular? easier to find out what's your pickup that way!

hoss

It's a Burstbucker Pro (AL V) for the bridge position (#2), these are the pickups in Gibson USA Les Paul Standard models.

burst me

Excuse my ignorance, but why is the PAF sticker still being used? I suppose I can kind of understand it from a historical correctness perspective, is that the only reason?

hoss

burst me said:
I can kind of understand it from a historical correctness perspective, is that the only reason?
Yes. It's on the bottom of the Classic 57 as well.

MIKE20

hoss33 said:
It's a Burstbucker Pro (AL V) for the bridge position (#2), these are the pickups in Gibson USA Les Paul Standard models.
...+1...