• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2005 R7 XRAY

bnorm44

Here's an XRAY comparison of my 02 std and my 05 R7.

I work for a company that manufactures luggage scanners for airports.
I'll try to get tenon photos later in the week. these images can get much better. I'll try to take more this week.

02 std

Screen3.jpg

05 R7

Screenhistoric.jpg

bobeau

Interesting how the weight relief holes are grouped so tightly. I was thinking they'd be more evenly distributed.

59Vampire

where is the little microchip that gibson install that ids the guitar. weight relief holes ! how much could they actually weigh? nice pics though.

burstsaplenty

It took me awhile but i finally figured out the three splotches on the guitar, 1 on the headstock and 2 on the body are the metal feet on the case.. :bonk

GuitarDean

MORE! BIGGER! CLEARER! MORE DAMN YOU MAN, GIVE US MORE.

Whew, Starbucks on an empty stomach, youch...lol

bnorm44

It took me awhile but i finally figured out the three splotches on the guitar, 1 on the headstock and 2 on the body are the metal feet on the case

Burstaplenty,

It me a couple of takes as well.

geddins

bnorm44 said:
Burstaplenty,

It me a couple of takes as well.

Bnorm....it took me seeing BOP's post :bonk :bonk I was thinking "What in the world is that???"...lol...doh

bnorm44

MORE! BIGGER! CLEARER! MORE DAMN YOU MAN, GIVE US MORE.

Guitardean,

I'll have access to a scanner tomorrow. I'll put some better photos up. I'm hopefull to get a nice clear shots of the neck tenons.

bnorm44

Guitardean,

Pepejara posted some great xray photos not to long ago. much bigger and clearer.

See this thread. xray

bluesjuke

You think the tenons will show up ? That would be cool if they did. I'd like to see that.

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
9 out of 10 dentists report that Historics have fewer cavities.

bnorm44

You think the tenons will show up ? That would be cool if they did. I'd like to see that.

Although very faint, it does show up, I could see it in other photos. I should be able to enhance a photo or 2 to make it obvious. I try tomorrow.

gmann

burstsaplenty said:
It took me awhile but i finally figured out the three splotches on the guitar, 1 on the headstock and 2 on the body are the metal feet on the case.. :bonk
I'm glad you figured it out so I didn't have to ask.

mr Fix

59Vampire said:
where is the little microchip that gibson install that ids the guitar. weight relief holes ! how much could they actually weigh? nice pics though.

¨Does Gibson install a microchip in guitars? :tm :2fc