• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Some pics of my 04 standard

KTfromNJ

I was feeling highly motivated today after I got out of class, so I decided to gather some pictures and post them, which I said I would do last October. So this particular paul and I have been together a year, so why not share it?

2004 Standard in iced tea

and my taylor 714ce...

sinner

Hey, nice one--nothing standard about that! And right next to your bed, handy!!!

bluesjuke

When a guitar is on it my wife always says, "Get that other woman off the bed!".

Happy Anniversary KT!

aimr75

very nice.. that second pic shows off the top really nicely

bluespckr

Verrrrrrry purrrrrrrty top on dat ol' Paul. Nice collection, in fact. :salude

D'Mule

Nice guitars! Hey, how do you bury a link behind those smaller in-line images?

Dr.Rock

very sweet axe!!!.... How much do you pay for?? I believe that the Iced Tea Les Pauls are more expensive than the HCS ones.

KTfromNJ

D'Mule, if you upload an image to imageshack, there are several links you can copy and paste, just choose the thumbnail for forums one as opposed to the hotlink, I used the thumbnail for forums (1), not sure of the difference between 1 and 2.

Dr. Rock, I think i paid $1749 or $1799, got it from a forum dealer last october...and it even came with a FREE case...hehehe. There are some dealers that were selling standards for $1649 and R7's for $1999, but I really liked the top on this one. My last LP was a studio and I needed some burstage and I was thirsty for some tea of the icy variety. Sometimes I wish I coulda got my hands on an R7 to play around with, but there arent really any historics in my area with the exception of an hour plus drive to a guitar center.

I have been thinking about playing a game of musical pickups, as I cannot get tones I am looking for. I love the neck pickup when playing with some overdrive, but not clean, whereas I like the bridge clean but not so much driven, although it does suit some styles of music I play. In trying to seek a cheaper alternative, I just bought a Hellatone 30 for my DSL 201, and am eager to see how that sounds. I stuck with the shiatty stock speaker way too long, but I put in new tubes and need to get them biased. I played it a few times without adjusting the bias, which is probably bad, but what I don't know can't hurt me. Yet. Anyways, anybody else want to throw in some iced tea pics? When I have a fever I seek the aid of cowbells, but when I'm thirsty, its the tea that does a body good.

Editor's Note: Writing this has been much more enjoyable and enriching than T.S. Eliot and English 685. Thank you.

Sniper-V

Very nice! :dude

I like this pic...

26zk.jpg