• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Hoarding

Triburst

Thanks, but think of it this way. 3.5/10=35% of the best possible. Realizing this I retract my earlier statement and say that I'll probably never get to 3.5/10 but I'll keep trying.
Once I get there I'll start hoarding.

Oh, not me -- it's obviously an equipment problem. :bug :laugh2: :wow :ha :lol :wah :rofl

Originally Posted by Pat Boyack
.....................but these go to 11.
Pat, that Spinal Tap quote reminded me of this comic (XKCD).
spinal_tap_amps.png

djangolad

Doesn't make any difference if you call it hoarding or collecting. If it has significant impact on your life, if you have to put your welfare at risk to maintian it then it's pathological or a disease.

Uncle Gary

Doesn't make any difference if you call it hoarding or collecting. If it has significant impact on your life, if you have to put your welfare at risk to maintian it then it's pathological or a disease.

I guess we're back to the start then, based on the meaning of "significant impact on your life." Impact is, after all, in the eye of the beholder. In my case, my house (apartment) is clean and tidy (most of the time), and the guitars were all bought with cash, as I don't drink, smoke, play golf or own a boat. And they do get played. I've played guitar nearly every day for 46 years. In fact, other than a 20 year old Harley, they're my only real indulgence.

To someone else, the seventeen guitar cases in the living room might be seen as a sign of sickness. And maybe if I wasn't buying and playing guitars, I might have done more dating, maybe remarried, had some children, bought the house in the suburbs, been deep in debt and lived a more "normal" life. Pathological? I guess I wouldn't know.

I prefer to think of myself as 'eccentric."

Texas Blues

I guess we're back to the start then, based on the meaning of "significant impact on your life." Impact is, after all, in the eye of the beholder. In my case, my house (apartment) is clean and tidy (most of the time), and the guitars were all bought with cash, as I don't drink, smoke, play golf or own a boat. And they do get played. I've played guitar nearly every day for 46 years. In fact, other than a 20 year old Harley, they're my only real indulgence.

To someone else, the seventeen guitar cases in the living room might be seen as a sign of sickness. And maybe if I wasn't buying and playing guitars, I might have done more dating, maybe remarried, had some children, bought the house in the suburbs, been deep in debt and lived a more "normal" life. Pathological? I guess I wouldn't know.

I prefer to think of myself as 'eccentric."

No kids.
No debt.
Not married.
17 guitars.

You might be the smartest guy on this forum. :3zone

Uncle Gary

Not true for me. Months can go by without playing a guitar, then you pick it back up and you remember why you like it so much...

I haven't had this R9 out of the case for about 8 months. Not because I don't like it, but because I have other guitars I want to play. Pulled it out, plugged it in, and it's love all over again...

And there you have it. I can't count the number of times I've decided to sell a guitar I haven't played in a while. I'll get it out, tune it up, start playing it a bit then remember why I bought it in the first place. Usually I'll end up playing it in heavy rotation for a while. Like discovering it all over again.

Black58

No kids.
No debt.
Not married.
4 guitars, ... an' 1 Gibson Sonex. :rofl

I'm good. :2cool