• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Jimmy Page Signature

Mats A

Is the truss rod on the 2007 Jimmy Page No1 signature guitars fitted with a condome like they did then on Custom Shop Historics or is it done like now? Also what is the value of one of the unlimited guitars? Is it a good guitar? I mean it's a bit special with the shaved neck and some other stuff. Does it have a T-top pickup like he used to?

Mats A

I can´t seem to find Gibsons website about his No1 only his No 2. Anybody knows the weght of his No1? Also when you pull out the switchable tone pot does it put both pickups out of phase or does it just coil tap the treble pickup so it sounds more like a single coil? Think i´ve never really Heard Page with that both pickups out of phase tone like Peter Green/Gary Moore.

Last edited:

jbzoso2002

I can´t seem to find Gibsons website about his No1 only his No 2. Anybody knows the weght of his No1? Also when you pull out the switchable tone pot does it put both pickups out of phase or does it just coil tap the treble pickup so it sounds more like a single coil? Think i´ve never really Heard Page with that both pickups out of phase tone like Peter Green/Gary Moore.

Page's wiring was bone stock threw out Led Zeppelin, the
mod came in the 80's.

The #1 has a push/pull pot for in-out of phase, the Gibson
reissue f-ed that up and made it a coil tap.

The #2 LP had every option possible on p/u switching, but
again all after Zep.

Check this vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoBs3vyI3Q0&feature=player_embedded

Jimmy

jimmyace2006

Is the truss rod on the 2007 Jimmy Page No1 signature guitars fitted with a condome like they did then on Custom Shop Historics or is it done like now? Also what is the value of one of the unlimited guitars? Is it a good guitar? I mean it's a bit special with the shaved neck and some other stuff. Does it have a T-top pickup like he used to?

The Page #1 LP was made between 2004-2006, though a few were shipped in 2007. But the condoms were like all of the other 2004-2006 models. Nice guitars, pencil thin necks. The pickups Page burstbuckers with AL3 magnets, much like today's custom buckers.

Soulweb

I had one for a couple of years. I totally loved the sound but that shaved neck was just not for me. Reminded me of a lot of those shredder necks from the 80's. If I remember right the neck was shaved primarily in the middle of the neck. Which is to say it got fatter from the 3rd fret back to the headstock. I can see how certain players would love this style. But for me personally it didn't work.

Awesome guitars though. I never knew much about the pickups beyond the fact that they sounded very warm and natural. The custombucker comparison above sounds like a good comparison if I remember the sound correctly.