• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Henry McCollough: A Tale of a 1968 Les Paul Standard (pics)

moonweasel

mccart2.jpg

Hey everyone,

New featured article up at my site. I found detailed pictures of Henry's guitar. Sadly, Henry had a really bad heart attack and sold this guitar to help pay his bills.

It was used with Wings, especially on "My Love". Also, it was used with Joe Cocker at Woodstock for "With A Little Help From My Friends".

Enjoy!

LINK BELOW:
http://www.latesixtieslespauls.com/article_mccartney.asp

Last edited:

MS 57

Interesting !! Thanks for posting !
I clearly remember the gold top from the Woodstock movie.

dylumph

I posted here by mistake (meant for another thread). I tried edit/delete but delete does not show up anywhere so I'll go with it.
For many years I thought Henry McCollough was Jimmy's brother. Jimmy (RIP) was a great SG player. Junior's Farm comes to mind.
I also thought Henry's guitar was a 56. Those backing vocals he, Chris Stainton & the bass player did in the Grease Band were cool as hell! They did a great job copying those chicks on the Cocker LP.

Last edited: