• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Here's a link

Lily

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, here's a link to the vintage index page. Please remember this thing is still totally under construction as far as graphics, verbiage, etc.

As before, it is divided into the categories.

Sunbursts (with a subcategory of '58s '59s and '60s.)
Then there are goldtops.
Then specials and juniors.
And then of course, the customs.

It's quite easy to navigate the pages...just remember, when you are viewing the page for a particular guitar, click on the photos to bring up a larger photo which allows you to move forward and backwards through the larger images for that particular guitar with arrows that you can click to the sides of each guitar. When you are done going through the larger images ( :pop ) click the x on the upper right and close that window to return to your page.
Also there is a navigation area to your left. Beside each category is a plus or minus sign which you can click to expand or close up each of the categories.

As you will see, its pretty bare bones right now. Just the basic info for each guitar that was in the old Registry. I want to add a descriptive paragraph for each of the categories. We will get into that soon in this section of the forum ... but for now, please just familiarize with the place, get comfortable, say hi to all our wonderful guitars and let me know any questions you might have regarding navigation.

There is a choice to register...I don't think everyone will need to register...we will probably use that for contributing members to be able to sign into the 'back rooms' of the registry when submitting a guitar, a place for members who already have submitted a guitar to add updated photos, as well as a much easier way for the admins to have access to and conversations about as yet unpublished photos and info provided with new submissions for review. But if we find it is advantageous for other members to register for any reason then we can certainly do that....(I am thinking maybe we may use the auto emails to members at some point to announce something - maybe new submissions, news about old submissions, etc. - that might be a possible reason to want to be registered.)

Anyway, please let me know if you run into any glitches, mistakes, etc. when you look the place over. And remember, its still pretty bare bones.

Enjoy. I know I have totally been enjoying all the eye candy again. :)

JJC

I LOVE IT !!

(sorry I don't have anything more constructive, I'm just not that critical)

ourmaninthenorth

Great work indeed. I think this is going to be absolutely tremendous.

Well done and thanks. :salude

Paul.

J T

Great Idea!

Anything planned for ES, or others?

Thermionik

How about a place for those "not yet verified" guitars, like a kinda "pat-pending" section. If enough folk looked at guitars NOT on the official database yet and screamed "FAKE" or "LOOKS GOOD" with the knowledge of some of the guys and gals here you could pretty much establish good from bad.....

Lily

Administrator
Staff member
We already have an official group of experienced guys on the forum that do the preliminary judgement calls as to whether there is any question about the guitar's authenticity. This all happens before the info and photos for each guitar is published.

Thermionik

That's fantastic.....
.....so where am I going wrong?
Wanting to register my '52 since mid-July 2012.
Now even the pictures I posted are gone. I have no idea what to do.

Last edited: