• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1999 Aged and Painted Murphy Video

Ed A

With some of the 'old' guys returning and renewed interest in the LPF, thought I would post this vid I did of my '99 Murphy #125 (which sadly I had to sell)... My favorite historic of all that Ive owned and Ive owned many... I had a pair of Ed A Throbaks in it for this video. I use PAFs in my #1 guitar ('57 conversion) but I found these pups to be super close to the real deal!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x8qaZEVf77U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff, Ed... Those pups sound good, but I really liked the neck pup... :salude

Are you still playin' that Royal 50 watter?

Ed A

Good stuff, Ed... Those pups sound good, but I really liked the neck pup... :salude

Are you still playin' that Royal 50 watter?

I usually gig with a small combo and mic it because my back its so screwed these days, but sure I still play it and I do bring it out occasionally.... definitely love to crank the big stuff at home and feel the walls shake!

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
I usually gig with a small combo and mic it because my back its so screwed these days, but sure I still play it and I do bring it out occasionally.... definitely love to crank the big stuff at home and feel the walls shake!

I can definitely relate to that to all of that... :peace2

Ed A

Keep in mind that when Im on the bridge pup Im picking up near the neck pup which gives much more of mid honk tone... If I picked down near the bridge pup and backed off the volume of the amp a bit for more clarity the tone would be quite a bit different... In this case Im not trying to copy Page or anyone else's tone here just doin' my own thing...

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind that when Im on the bridge pup Im picking up near the neck pup which gives much more of mid honk tone... If I picked down near the bridge pup and backed off the volume of the amp a bit for more clarity the tone would be quite a bit different... In this case Im not trying to copy Page or anyone else's tone here just doin' my own thing...

Yup! I can certainly relate to that...

DANELECTRO

Great tone Ed!

So the '99 has flown the coup a second time? It was about six years ago that you were inkling you might sell your 2005 Murphy because you had just gotten your favorite '99 Murphy back. I jumped on the opportunity to take the '05 Murphy off of your hands and I'm still enjoying it. :)

Ed A

Great tone Ed!

So the '99 has flown the coup a second time? It was about six years ago that you were inkling you might sell your 2005 Murphy because you had just gotten your favorite '99 Murphy back. I jumped on the opportunity to take the '05 Murphy off of your hands and I'm still enjoying it. :)

I said I would take #125 to the grave with me... famous last words... but Im having a replica built and needed to pay for it... your '05 was one of my faves too, that thing is just so damn real looking and has some of the best checking Ive seen Murph do!