• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Why no Les Paul Studio love on the forum?

Schtang

My very 1st Gibson Les Paul was a 1996 Studio Gem (which are the only studios I have played). They are a fine guitar. I have bought & sold many Les Pauls over those years but I still have this Gem (17 years latter). The only things gone on the guitar are the tone pods (which I used constantly).

SFK

Les Paul Forum Member
My very 1st Gibson Les Paul was a 1996 Studio Gem (which are the only studios I have played). They are a fine guitar. I have bought & sold many Les Pauls over those years but I still have this Gem (17 years latter). The only things gone on the guitar are the tone pods (which I used constantly).

Very nice.

ChevChelios

I really like my new old Studio ... a Standard would look awkward with this setup ... so let there be Studio

P1010877ba_zpsf08f42f1.jpg

ChevChelios

When I bought it it was completely wrecked ... stickers and sweat had dulled almost the complete lacquer. So I stripped a couple of clear coats, reapplied 2 new layers and polished it with the polishing stuff from StewMac and my Bosch power tool. Last round of polishing was done by hand and Virtuoso premium polish.