• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Plain top Love

atkinsg

Any others out these that love their plain tops, I would love to see them here.

I have a 1998 Gibson Les Paul Classic Trans Amber that the pick guard had never been installed ( no holes)
haven't seen another like it anywhere.
its a great guitar

this is my 1998 Gibson Les Paul Classic Trans Amber

Thunder Dump

clcu-68.jpg

Big Al

While I wouldn't "Take one over flame" myself, I have always liked a good plain Rock Maple top with interesting medullary grain. It seems to me that the non to lightly figured tops showcase the complete beauty of the Les Paul.

Those curves and as I see it, beautiful Mahogany and Maple grained hardwoods, along with the whole shape and carved thing really makes for a pleasant and beautiful guitar.

There have been some real beauties posted here.

zoommutt

I agree with Al. I know there is no flame on these guitars, but the lines in some of these shown are interesting and to me not plain. I can't wait to use medullary grain at the next party. Love to learn new things on LPF!

Sprinter36

All Access/Backstage Pass
Here's my '99 Standard!

It's not quite a plain top but it's close. It does have a real light flame to it.