• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!
  • WE ARE MOVING THE LES PAUL FORUM TO A NEW HOSTING PROVIDER OVER THE NEXT 5-10 DAYS. We will experience downtime during that period. Please be patient and have confidence that we will return! Many thanks, Mike Slubowski, Admin

James Hetfield's 4 bursts

abalonevintage

A few years ago I was at a big-name dealer's and a foreign gentleman had brought in an 'original Explorer that belonged to Kirk Hammett' that he had bought, to be inspected and appraised. After a long in-hand inspection, overseen by all the experts in the shop, the dealer had to tell him that it was a replica and not an original Explorer

IF it is the same guitar I am aware of....It has been signed off on as legit by some VERY respected folks....But the er, um, "paperwork" had issues.

j e gray

Not to get too far off topic, but the United States Census Bureau defines the Baby Boomer demographic as being from the years 1946 to 1964.

xray

Not to derail the thread, but in Couplands book Gen X is 1961-1980/81 roughly when Reagan became President.

moonweasel

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155684

02feb2509_pic18.jpg

:dude: :dude: :dude:

:)

The REAL Rocker

Les Paul Froum Member
Not to get too far off topic, but the United States Census Bureau defines the Baby Boomer demographic as being from the years 1946 to 1964.
------Interesting, since other U.S. agencies seem to differ:hmm Oh well, the bursts are great:applaude :3zone ................The REAL Rocker.

Guitar Whiskey

Great pic of the bursts and Buick. Seems like overkill for Metallica music IMO. I don't remember ever seeing him play one.

wsaraceni

Great pic of the bursts and Buick. Seems like overkill for Metallica music IMO. I don't remember ever seeing him play one.

search for metallica in this section. they use them to record a lot it seems. tons of youtube videos containing bursts. some really good footage too.

as for the guitar afficionado article. too bad they hardly talk about the guitars at all.

zensurfer

as for the guitar afficionado article. too bad they hardly talk about the guitars at all.

And that photo has way too much PP (Post Processing) going on as well.
Probably to emphasize the car or possibly the 'composition' as a whole, but winds up taking away the detail of the guitars.

rrrcustom

I'm only 34,but I love the original LP's. I also love LP's and all of the "good" Gibsons from all years. For me, it has to do with the quality of the guitar versus what else was available at the time. Not sure how I compare to other LP guys, but I would imagine we all share at least a little of that sentiment. As I get older, I do realize most things made before the 80's were a much better (more durable) design that new stuff, even if they had design flaws, and that's another reason why I think vintage gear is so popular now.

It seems every famous musician with some success has a vintage guitar, so Hetfield owning 4 is no surprise to me. Me, I would be happy with a good '70-'73, humbucker (non deluxe/p90) LP. Of course it's all relative to a person's financial situation.