• THIS IS THE 25th ANNIVERSARY YEAR FOR THE LES PAUL FORUM! PLEASE CELEBRATE WITH US AND SUPPORT US WITH A DONATION TO KEEP US GOING! We've made a large financial investment to convert the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and now have to move to a new host. We also have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!
  • WE ARE MOVING THE LES PAUL FORUM TO A NEW HOSTING PROVIDER OVER THE NEXT 5-10 DAYS. We will experience downtime during that period. Please be patient and have confidence that we will return! Many thanks, Mike Slubowski, Admin

Latte Cream - People LOVE It!

John B.

It would look nice with white bucks and a pastel turquoise leisure suit. Accent with heavy gold chain and matching name bracelet, and a straw fedora & shades.:2cool

cherrick

Les Paul Froum Member
It would look nice with white bucks and a pastel turquoise leisure suit. Accent with heavy gold chain and matching name bracelet, and a straw fedora & shades.:2cool

Gold monogram bracelet and jet fighter sunglasses with tortoise frames.

WurstBurst

I'll reserve judgement 'til I see the :photos.

We don't get to see these too often, so don't make us wait too long!

Jover

Like yell03, I purchased a Les Paul Standard - Latte Creme from MF while on sale in early 2007, and like yell03, mine was made in late 2005. It is special to me because it was my first Gibson. Here are some pics (not much flame, but it is there):

2433278074_4585375e92_b.jpg

2433278818_b02d4344db_b.jpg

2433279370_a5fea68372_b.jpg

Last edited:

butnut

Sweet pics! Looks kinda kool...much better than the stock photo.

Mattlocked

Don't trust a guy who thinks that a JCM900 has the 'Marshall' sound to tell you that the DSL and TSL have it as well...

I don't think any of those amps have 'it'.

Get an 800 or a NMV Marshall if you want 'the' sound.

Though this is going off-topic and diverting from the subject of this thread, I'd like to clarify some comments I made about an opinion I read about DLS's and TSL's I didn't totally share.

You know...opinions are like asses everyone's got one, Anyway, regarding marshalls it really depends on what do you consider "marshall tone" and what do you want to do with it... (Bonamassa and Slash both use marshalls, and their tone coulnd't be more different) I just made a point that for me, specially at civilized volumes for home practice and hard rock stuff, the tsl602 nails the marshall sound. Regarding the JCM900 it totally kicks ass. I haven't tried JVM's yet but I have played with JCM800's and I think they're overestimated...and there's a lot of hype around them...

But I could be, or you could be, mistaken, as I said everyone's got their opinion... I respect them all though I may not necessarily share them.

Peace :2zone

yell03

How bout some real pics instead of the stock photos.

I need to get my guitar back as I have no pics of it. I usually don't take pics of my guitars until I am ready to sell them.

I'll reserve judgement 'til I see the :photos.

We don't get to see these too often, so don't make us wait too long!

Just waiting to get it back, but the pictures below are very close.

Like yell03, I purchased a Les Paul Standard - Latte Cream from MF while on sale in early 2007, and like yell03, mine was made in late 2005. It is special to me because it was my first Gibson. Here are some pics (not much flame, but it is there):

2433278074_4585375e92_b.jpg

2433278818_b02d4344db_b.jpg

2433279370_a5fea68372_b.jpg

Those pics look much better and resemble mine much more than the Gibson stock photos.

Though this is going off-topic and diverting from the subject of this thread, I'd like to clarify some comments I made about an opinion I read about DLS's and TSL's I didn't totally share.

You know...opinions are like asses everyone's got one, Anyway, regarding marshalls it really depends on what do you consider "marshall tone" and what do you want to do with it... (Bonamassa and Slash both use marshalls, and their tone coulnd't be more different) I just made a point that for me, specially at civilized volumes for home practice and hard rock stuff, the tsl602 nails the marshall sound. Regarding the JCM900 it totally kicks ass. I haven't tried JVM's yet but I have played with JCM800's and I think they're overestimated...and there's a lot of hype around them...

But I could be, or you could be, mistaken, as I said everyone's got their opinion... I respect them all though I may not necessarily share them.

Peace :2zone

I only got to play a DSL401 at the one music store, but every amp there sounded bad to me. Something about the acoustics there.
The only amp that sounded half decent was a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe on the Clean channel, but no amps there sounded good gritty.

Then I went to GC, I still have time to trade in my Peavey Valveking on another amp there.
For some reasons, both of their Marshall TSL602s would not access the dirty channels, it lit up, but would not get any volume, so all I got to try was the clean channel which was OK, but not like a Fender clean. I was able to overdrive the clean channel, but I want to hear that amp do what it is made to do and seriously get dirty, but it would not work.

Again, at GC the best sounding combo amp was a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe on the Clean Channel, it even sounded good dirty, but I am afraid to trade the Peavey in on it, the Peavey has a much better dirty channel and a pretty good clean channel.

The Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 sounded very good on all channels, but it did not sound $900 better than the Peavey or $700 better than the Fender.

I am seriously considering trading my Fender Vibrochamp XD in at Music store #1 for a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, it would be an additional $370.

Then I would have the best of clean channels to go along with two decent dirty channels (Peavey and Fender).
The only problem is, then my little Roland Microcube becomes my only easily portable amp in my sports car and then I lose my Tuibe sound.

I am really torn here, do I get 2 good 40-50w tube amps (Fender & Peavey) or just get one very good 50w tube amp (Mesa Boogie).

My only other option is to trade the 5w Class "A" Vibro Champ XD in on a 15w Class "AB" Super Champ XD, outlay outlay would be minimal and it is very portable, but I am not completely sold on the Hybrid/Tube amps, they sound very good and very close to plain old tubes, but not quite all the way there.

They do have 16 amp voices which are fun to play with, but are 16 good voices better than 1 VERY good voice?

Howard

yell03

What les pauls did he have to offer you for yours :p

When I go to pick it up today I'll check.

I think one was a AAA Top Classic, he would need to come up with cash to do that though, but I wouldn't go from my Standard to a Classic no matter how nice the top is.

Howard

Huc

Very cool color to me but then again I think Gecko is way cool too. Sometimes ya just have to have one that's not a normal burst.

Last edited:

chuckboots

Latte cream didnt set me a light when I saw the Gibson stock photos, in the flesh they look better I guess, but taste is a very subjective thing, I've got a seventies strat that's so pinky red it gets laughs but I'd never part with him after 25 years.

Zamdrang

Your pics are def cooler than the stock photos. Have to agree on the valve king... that amp surprised me, also on the marshalls you mentioned... maybe we have the same taste in gear....? anyway...yes cool to have others stoked on your axe, I bring my marauder in from time to time to try amps.....always gets a good reaction and some offers. Fun stuff. Glad your digging your LP.

Minibucker

They need to work on their drug testing policy in the finishing department.

yell03

Your pics are def cooler than the stock photos. Have to agree on the valve king... that amp surprised me, also on the marshalls you mentioned... maybe we have the same taste in gear....? anyway...yes cool to have others stoked on your axe, I bring my marauder in from time to time to try amps.....always gets a good reaction and some offers. Fun stuff. Glad your digging your LP.

I got home pretty late yesterday.

I ended up returning the Valveking, best amp for the money, but the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe had a much nicer clean.

I ddn't buy the Hot Rod though, I ended up plugging in to a Marshall JCM 2000 100w Head unit run through a Marshall cab with 4-12" Greenbacks, WOW!!!!.

All those sounds I've been struggling to get were right there, cleans and overdriven. Unfortunately a stack does not make sense to me with that big of a cab, so my search is still on.

I went to another Music Store after that, the one I bought my Fender Vibrochamp XD from, I tried out the Marshall DSL401 again, I was pleasantly surprised after extensive jamming, but then he had to bring over a Rivera Clubster 45, I must say it was one of the best sounding combo amps I have tried, but I am not totally sure on the distortion channel and it is $1100.
I have a deal on a New Marshall DSL401 for $699, a blowout price on a refurb unit with full warranty, but again, I am not totaly sold on it.

I might actually look for Marshall Head Units in the $50w range with a smaller 2x12 cab or something?

Oh well the hunt is half the fun, I still have my Vibro XD.

My other option is to buy the Fender Hot Rod deluxe, only use the clean channel and then get a Boss DS-1 type distortion pedal and put it in front of it, but I try to stay away from pedals except for my Cry Baby Wah.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Howard

Mattlocked

I got home pretty late yesterday.

I ended up plugging in to a Marshall JCM 2000 100w Head unit run through a Marshall cab with 4-12" Greenbacks, WOW!!!!.

All those sounds I've been struggling to get were right there, cleans and overdriven. Unfortunately a stack does not make sense to me with that big of a cab, so my search is still on.

Howard

Hi Howard!

Don't trust me, as my taste for amps is surely questionnable, but as you experienced yourself JCM2000's are indeed cool, not as cool as a JCM800 or silver jubilees of course, but still cool enough to rock hard and nice.

If a half stack is too much for you, you can try to pair a JCM2000 with a 2x12 cabinet like the tslc212, more than enough for home practice and even serious gigging in small venues, and you can use it with an 50/60/100 JCM head or a JCM combo, the guts are pretty much the same and the tone is there, besides you gain flexibility as you can carry your combo home after practice and leave the cabinet at your rehearsal place.

jcm2000tsl.jpg

head+half stack is not the same as combo+2x12 ext.cabinet, but is pretty much the same for what it matters... so thats an option.

Good luck with your search:wail

yell03

Hi Howard!

Don't trust me, as my taste for amps is surely questionnable, but as you experienced yourself JCM2000's are indeed cool, not as cool as a JCM800 or silver jubilees of course, but still cool enough to rock hard and nice.

If a half stack is too much for you, you can try to pair a JCM2000 with a 2x12 cabinet like the tslc212, more than enough for home practice and even serious gigging in small venues, and you can use it with an 50/60/100 JCM head or a JCM combo, the guts are pretty much the same and the tone is there, besides you gain flexibility as you can carry your combo home after practice and leave the cabinet at your rehearsal place.

jcm2000tsl.jpg

head+half stack is not the same as combo+2x12 ext.cabinet, but is pretty much the same for what it matters... so thats an option.

Good luck with your search:wail

Thanks for the info, lots of research to do.

Howard