• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2004 R6 Love

rockabilly69

Today was a great day for me and my Goldtop (2004 R6). When I first bought it from forum member Braciola I immediately knew it was a good one, but it's been with me for a few months now, and I figured the neck has settled in from it's massive climate change (Florida to Utah), so today I adjusted the trus rod, and went from Braciola's top wrap to the to more conventional stoptail setup, and then adjusted the intonation. I liked the feel of the top wrap, but didn't like the double ball end thing in the prior setup as I felt there was some tuning instability, and I wanted a bigger break angle at the bridge. I used Pyramid Maximum Performance pure nickle strings, as I love them on my R0, and R7. Well soon as I did the adjustments, I plugged it into my Fender Reverb tank, and then the output of that, into my Tophat Club Deluxe. Man was that was a righteous sound! It was getting late, but tomorrow I'll record so you guys can hear it. I love this guitar. Oh yeah, it's bone stock just like my R7 and R0 "No Mods Needed"!

Here it is with it's R7 partner in crime, man I love Goldtops....

rA8fJGx.jpg
KwgZNql.jpg

Last edited:

Red Rogue

Congrats! These R6 seem to have something special. I`ve bought a R6 from 1999 in mint condition early this year. The sustain ist great and the chime especially played clean is really enjoyable!

rockabilly69

Congrats! These R6 seem to have something special. I`ve bought a R6 from 1999 in mint condition early this year. The sustain ist great and the chime especially played clean is really enjoyable!
It seems that a good on can be found in all years. A few months back forum member Professortwang showed up at my studio with a 2016 that absolutely sounded GREAT!