• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1955 tailpiece

Highway Star

Hi guys, I am brand new on this forum and this is my first post so excuse me if I post something that has been discussed a million times or doing something else to disturb the world order of the forum :teeth

What du you think about the authenticity of this 1955 wrap around tailpiece ? Thankful for all the help I can get :eek:la

View attachment 6342View attachment 6340View attachment 6341

renderit

I am hardly an expert, but it looks good to me. Good enough that if it turns out to be bad I'll take it off your hands.

ak_

Thanks a lot for your replies. Seems to be the real deal then :) Any other comments?

This looks pretty well identical to the one on my '55. It also looks in decent fettle too from the photo. I have two of these bridges, one has the plating worn away in some spots which can sitar depending (seemingly) on the string gauge I put on so by comparison yours looks pretty good.

DANELECTRO

To the best of my knowledge, there has never been an aftermarket copy made of the thin-ear tailpiece nor the narrow-gap studs. If you've got one, its original.

Highway Star

Thanks for all the comments. Pretty safe tailpiece then. This specific instrument has a well documented history and belonged to a well known guitarist in Sweden.

Here are some more pics as requested :dude:

thin sissy

Thanks for all the comments. Pretty safe tailpiece then. This specific instrument has a well documented history and belonged to a well known guitarist in Sweden.

Here are some more pics as requested :dude:
Oh shit!! That's exactly the type of guitar I'm after (in Sweden). Did you buy it? I'm glad for your sake and annoyed for my own sake :laugh2: .

Is it cool to ask who owned it before?

Highway Star

Oh shit!! That's exactly the type of guitar I'm after (in Sweden). Did you buy it? I'm glad for your sake and annoyed for my own sake :laugh2: .

Is it cool to ask who owned it before?

Thanks man, it sounds and plays wonderful. I did a LP test including a 1958 all stock. I liked this one better. The feel and soul of it is just right. Anyway, the guy I bought it from got a 1956 goldtop as well if you are interested?

thin sissy

Oh, I am interested. Although a wraptail goldtop would be ideal for me as an ABR-1 model would be too expensive for a while now. Unless it has a repaired headstock break or something like that :hmm ? Did you check out the 56?

Does he want to remain private? I understand if that's the case.

Anyway, your guitar looks fantastic and I hope you can record some clips in the future. Are you in the Stockholm area?

Highway Star

Oh, I am interested. Although a wraptail goldtop would be ideal for me as an ABR-1 model would be too expensive for a while now. Unless it has a repaired headstock break or something like that :hmm ? Did you check out the 56?

Does he want to remain private? I understand if that's the case.

Anyway, your guitar looks fantastic and I hope you can record some clips in the future. Are you in the Stockholm area?

Thanks, I´ve sent you a mail. Speaking of clips. Is it possible to upload mp3s in the threads?

thin sissy

Thank you, Highway Star! Could you resend the email? I hadn't updated it in my profile for years, and don't have the account anymore. I changed it to an active email adress now though :)

Highway Star

Thank you, Highway Star! Could you resend the email? I hadn't updated it in my profile for years, and don't have the account anymore. I changed it to an active email adress now though :)

I'll send it again. I just remebered that I actually have a sound clip recorded on my phone when I play both the 56 and my 55 as an a/b test (and also a 58 and a 56 custom). I'll try to upload that :hank

Highway Star

I uploaded a mp3 on SoundCloud since I don´t know how to link it to this very post.

As mentioned I just did a quick recording on my phone while I was checking the guitars out. It's a pretty big room as you can hear and the sound quality could of course be a lot better :laugh2:. But hey, it's good enought for blues :ganz

The first one is the 56 (re-finished) and the second one is my 55.

https://soundcloud.com/user-610955708-4359117/lp-56-vs-55

MapleFlame

Definitely original wrap, have a couple in baggies with short studs. Nice sounding guitar, sounds like a marshall or something close. :dude:

Highway Star

Definitely original wrap, have a couple in baggies with short studs. Nice sounding guitar, sounds like a marshall or something close. :dude:

Thanks, I really like the P90 tone. Got a bite of a lion.

You are pretty close. It's an Orange 2x12 amp. Really liked it together with a LP :hank[h=1][/h]

thin sissy

I uploaded a mp3 on SoundCloud since I don´t know how to link it to this very post.

As mentioned I just did a quick recording on my phone while I was checking the guitars out. It's a pretty big room as you can hear and the sound quality could of course be a lot better :laugh2:. But hey, it's good enought for blues :ganz

The first one is the 56 (re-finished) and the second one is my 55.

https://soundcloud.com/user-610955708-4359117/lp-56-vs-55
Thanks for the email! I'll continue our swedish conversation through mail. The clip sounds great and so is the playing BTW. :yah